Absolutely loved it here. We visited February 2017 and booked a room for 2 nights. Exceptional value with Breakfast included; which was excellent. We were given room 7 - Constant. Lovely decor...until you opened the bathroom which looked completely different. I suppose the owners hadn't got round to updating it yet. Nonetheless it had everything you needed in it and it was clean. Can't complain.
The owners were welcoming and friendly and gave us advice on what to see, visit, where to eat etc. The location is amongst houses but is in-between Bowness-on-Windermere and Windermere (centre). You could walk to both although we considered Bowness slightly closer. If you're driving, the parking there is a little treacherous and scary! It's very hilly and is narrow road so just be wary.The decor was lovely and quirky. The breakfast has won awards and you can see why. They have a classic menu and a decent continental spread.
I would stay here again. Thanks for our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set midway between Windermere and Bowness, vintage-styled Rum Doodle B&B is just a 12-minute downhill stroll away from the famous lake. We offer country house quality in a B&B setting with Egyptian cotton linens, an award-winning breakfast and complimentary WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L. and LateRooms so you can book your Rum Doodle Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Braemount House Hotel Windermere
- Rum Doodle Bed & Breakfast Windermere, Lake District