YHA Windermere(Windermere)(Great Value!)
Wheatlands Lodge(Windermere)
All Seasons Rest(Windermere)
  • Pool
The Haven(Windermere)
No availability for your dates from these sites
All reviewsblueberry pancakessummit roomon arrivalattic suitetea and cakefresh milkfour poster bedcumbrian breakfastwarm welcomemy partnereach morninglake districtsmoked salmonbreakfast was deliciousfull englishb bsdressing gowns
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights with my boyfriend, after a family wedding and totally fell in love with the place! Loved the vintage decor and quirky accessories such as the top hats and jelly molds for lampshades!

The breakfast was absolutely delicious, cooked to perfection and lots of choice, I also loved the fact that there was a cafe tierre in our room with rum doodles own coffee, this was such a nice touch, with fresh milk constantly available from the dining area. This was such a lovely treat, as most b&bs just provide Nescafé with uht milk.

Our room was really comfortable and cosy with a big comfortable 4 poster bed, and I liked the way the entrance to our bathroom was what looked like a secret wardrobe! there where also a selection of books on the window sill, one of them being Rum doodle the novel, the inspiration behind the hotel.

The owners of the b&b where so lovely, very friendly and helpful, everyone who worked there was lovely and and always happy to help and chat to us about the surrounding area and give directions.

We really enjoyed our stay here, such a great atmosphere with lists of character, I would highly recommend!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Tina-Rum-Doodle, Owner at Rum Doodle Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Thank you for your review. We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

As with other reviews we stayed in the ground floor room which is very disappointing compared to the photos of some of the brighter upper rooms. The Lakes obviously get a lot of grey wet weather and so it was very dark and there wasn't a lot of space to relax in the room, or a sitting room where you could relax after a long walk. The bathroom was very old and in poor repair. We were recommended the B&B by a friend so we're a bit disappointed.

Breakfast was nice and service was friendly. After breakfast there wasn't really anyone visibly around so if you need assistance with anything it is best to speak to someone at breakfast.

I'd recommend booking early and making sure they have an upper room.

It is a nice quiet spot and being half way between Bowness and Windermere means you can easily walk to either for dinner.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DrPwk
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

To be fair, I have never stayed in a B&B before this experience...it was lovely!! We were met at the door by the new owner, offered wine and snacks as soon as we walked in- that was a touch! We had a lovely chat with the owner and felt very welcome and comfortable throughout our stay. Breakfast was delicious each morning, the bed was comfortable and the room was equipped with everything you could need during your visit. We will definitely be planning another stay here again!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi Julianne,

Thank you for your review. It was lovely to meet you. We're so glad to hear you had a good stay & your first introduction to a B&B was a good one! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

My partner and i stayed here for 2 nights and were blown away. So we will defiantly be returning next time we are in the area.

Emma and Greg the owners are so lovely and frienly along with the other staff they had help out over breakfast. .

We booked in advance and had a choice of several rooms but we decided to stay in room 5 'wish' it was very cute and quirky. The bed was a 4 poster bed and was very comfortable, the room had an ensuite, which was abit on the small side but for a shower it was fine.

The breakfast was delicious and there was lots to chose from, tea, coffee, juice, cereal and a varity of freshly cooked breakfast was also available.

The B&B is in a great location away from the main road and only a short walk to Windermere or Bowness, where there are plenty of shops and eateries.

Again only a short walk down to the lake, where you can then slip off down many of the walk ways and get exploring or take a boat round the lake.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kelly W
Reviewed 15 June 2017

Well where do I start, how this place has an award for excellence is beyond me...I booked here for my birthday in May, Noted I did not tell them this when booking.. I had read the reviews and the fact that we would have afternoon tea upon arrival I felt that was a lovely touch and imagined that once I told them when I was there they would make it even more special, well how wrong was I, in the morning I got a text from a lady to ask what time we would be arriving which I told her,when we were travelling we hit traffic so I text and said we would be late (no reply), turns out we were almost an hour late, upon arrival we noticed that the place looked empty, we parked up and went to the front door, we rang the doorbell several times and nobody was there, so after 10mins sat outside I text the landlady...after 10minutes I get a phone call, from a gentleman he explains that I would have to let myself in! I wasnt impressed with this but he directed us to our room told me there was refreshments in the dining room and to help ourselves and they would be back soon, when you first walk in the place looks amazing but our room-no3 was very poor the grey painted wall looked like somebody had thrown a drink at it the bathroom wasnt the cleanest the lampshades were thick with dust, the bed was broken and taped up, sockets were dirty, it was very poor for the £85 I had been charged but I thought I could take it up with them when they came back, I went to make myself a cup of tea as there were NO refreshments in the dining room I picked up the kettle and it was filthy and covered in limescale, and I could not find any milk that was the final straw for me, we couldn't even have a drink a after a 3 and a half hour drive I was not happy so I called the mobile number and told him I wasn't happy, I wasn't feeling very well and just wanted to go home and wanted my money back which I said to him, he was very lovely and said not to worry they would sort it and to go home, which we did, the next day I messaged to see if they needed my card details for a refund, then I was told that I had to cancel it on booking.com and if they could of sold the room I would get a part payment, not once did they call or text the evening before to advise me of this I was not happy, I reported it to booking.com I sent photos of the place also they were in agreement with me but they couldn't refund me as I hadn't cancelled, the landlady said that they checked the room and it was up to her standard! Their standards are pretty low in my eyes and I WOULD NOT recommend this place as the customer service we received was shocking, they kept our money and ignored my texts I have had a token gesture from Booking.com in my eyes that proves that the B&B were in the wrong not me! Very unprofessional hiding behind a booking site couldn't even speak to me or reply to any texts what a joke!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple