All reviewsrydal waterkentmere roomrydal suitefour poster bedlocal real alesbar servesrydal hallthe main hotellake districtcoach housetwo nightsfish and chipsbay windowfeeding areabeer gardenpub grublovely walk
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

We called in for our evening meal as we were staying across the road & it was recommended. We had no problem getting a table & was served immediately. The staff were very very friendly & in the ball. We both had steak which was cooked to perfection. Compliments was given to the chef. We then finished our evening at the bar enjoying a glass of wine or two.

1  Thank Elaine H
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Visited Glen Rothay Hotel for 2 nights and what a lovely hotel it was, we had a superior room with ensuite and it was perfect, comfy, clean and very spacious.

The food was great too especially breakfast.
All staff were polite & friendly.

Plenty of things to do and visit, we got a map & let our feet take us, exhausted at the end of the day but worth it to see the beautiful countryside.

Would definitely return and would recommend to anyone wanting a relaxing time away.

1  Thank Malley1976
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night wish it could have been more as it was so lovely the room was very comfortable and big bathroom with his and hers wash basins ! Staff so friendly and very helpful - food excellent . We shall come again . A must is a visit to Sarah nelsons gingerbread shop - no other gingerbread tastes as good !

3  Thank Joanbelle
Reviewed 10 September 2017

Just back from a lovely weekend with friends. 3 of us stayed in the cottage (woodlands) and it was spacious and cosy and had everything we needed. Food was great ( breakfast and we had an evening meal) and plentiful. Staff very attentive and friendly. Saw a badger last night too which made my day. Absolutely no complaints and am looking forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: Superior rooms are worth paying that bit extra
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2017

I think I will share my experience under subheadings as I think this might be more useful. My husband, my son and I stayed at Glen Rothay hotel for 4 nights.
Room: We stayed in Dora's room, it was a beautiful spacious room looking at the back of the hotel. This was good because we did not hear any road noise. The room was not very light but I liked it it felt very cosy. The room is big enough to accommodate 3 people. Lovely bathroom and both the room and the bathroom were very clean.
Location: Oh this was amazing, just cross the road and you have many exciting walking trails to follow. You don't have to worry about driving or car park! You can take a walk around Rydal water, Grasmere or easy 30 minutes walk to the centre of Ambleside. Fantastic!
Breakfast: Lovely cooked meal, choice of cereals, fruit salad, toast..believe me unless you are very picky you won't go hungry. We enjoyed cooked breakfast every day.
Staff: They were so lovely and welcoming. Breakfast staff, hotel staff, bar staff, all really gorgeous people with a smile on their face. I can't thank them enough for being so nice to us.
Dinner: We had dinner at Badger bar on our last evening as we were out on the other days. I had badger burger and my husband had sausage and mash. The meals were delicious and was very good price too.

I can't fault anything really. It was a nice, relaxing break! We really enjoyed our stay at Glen Rothay Hotel and will definitely stay here in the future.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family