“Decent stay”

Ranked #72 of 156 Restaurants in Keswick
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 December 2017

We have stayed here several times over the years, bedrooms are nice with coffee and tea facilities, bar and the restaurant down stairs has a good menu, enjoy

Reviewed 6 December 2017

What a very tasty delicious steak pie very rich with tender steak individually cooked in Its own pie dish with a lovely pastry top .

Reviewed 27 November 2017

I come to the Kings Arms on a fairly regular basis (usually to stay) and have had numerous acceptable meals here but Saturday lunchtime was the exception. Fancied a lite bite whilst sat in front of the open fire in the bar so ordered a "one pot" chicken curry for me and a "one pot" cottage pie for wife. Meals duly arrived after a very short wait. Wifes cottage pie looked good and she said it was nice but my curry - well, it was a pot of Thai chicken curry accompanied by a sorry looking tough and chewy (microwaved from frozen?) naan bread. The curry consisted of scrappy bits of chicken in a very thin, unpleasant spicy coconut broth which made eating it with a fork impossible - it was horrible and a complete waste of the£6.95 cost. In fact it was possibly the worst chicken curry I've ever had. the only saving grace was my pint of Jennings Cumberland was spot on.

1  Thank TerenceAllan
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights.

Rooms are very nicely done and very clean.

As a hotel, the only down side is that it can be a little noisy if you wanted an early night although that wasn't a problem for us as we were up late.

Breakfast was lovely and we also had steak and ale pie which was fabulous! I like a big portion and this was too big for me :-)

On the whole, would come back and would recommend.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

We were two adults and two infants who called in the Kings Arms on a very busy, cold Saturday tea time. We were not disappointed. The children's meals were very good value and very generous portions. And the steak and ale pie is one the best I've ever tasted - and I've tasted a few!!! Definitely worth a visit.