“Slightly more 'upmarket' than many places in Keswick”

The Skiddaw Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #101 of 158 Restaurants in Keswick
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Where better to dine in Keswick than at the Skiddaw Hotel’s spacious, air-conditioned restaurant set in the centre of Keswick.An oasis of calm, the discreet and stylish interior decor perfectly complements the new table d'hote, and a la carte menus prepared with loving care by our head chef and his team.Recognized for high standards of service and cuisine, our dishes feature the perfect blend of contemporary and traditional, using fresh, local ingredients. The restaurant is also renowned for its wide selection of fine wines and cheeses, particularly Skiddaw Damson Cheese, which is made especially for the hotel.
Reviewed 21 November 2017

If you would like a slightly more upmarket venue in Keswick then the Skiddaw Hotel Restaurant may suit you. It has an extensive menu and a good children's menu set in very nice surroundings. We were able to book early for 6.15 pm as we had a 3 year old and a 5 year old with us. This meant as we all only had a main course and drinks as the three course menu at £26.00 looked nice but would have been too lengthy a process for the little ones with bed time at 7.30 pm. All the meals were lovely and well presented and the service was excellent. The 3 year old really enjoyed having her water in a large wine glass as no children's type glasses available. As a birthday meal for one of our party this was a very good choice.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

We had scallops to start and steak to follow which were both goodThere was a children's menu also. We ate in the Conservatory and our dog was allowed under the table.
The staff were friendly and helpful and provided whatever we asked for.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

Dined here at lunch time on Saturday, admittedly a busy day. My friend thoroughly enjoyed the chicken pie, served with mash. I enjoyed the bacon and mushroom omelette. When I arrived I explained I had severe food allergies and asked if they would be able to accommodate these. I was assured they would. Some staff were helpful others when I asked what the omelette was cooked in laughed and said a pan. I had to ask several times before I got the answer olive oil. I ordered the omelette with salad, no dressing. It arrived covered in chips.... the whole lot had to be sent back whilst my friend ate her pie alone. Could do better.

1  Thank Olli3owl
Reviewed 6 November 2017

Stayed on a Secret Escapes weekend. Compared to sister hotels like the Ladore and Borrowdale it is a bit tired and sad. Staff were all friendly and helpful. Room was excellent and must have just been re-furbished (bathroom was huge). Food not great only average i'm afraid. £2 parking per day was very good - even allowed to keep pass on car all day on leave date well after checking out. needs better seating place for residents to lounge - there is a room but it is like an old peoples home sadly. Good stay but need to think of residents more and update.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

As we have previously stayed here we booked again. We had a superior room which had a very comfortable bed and was a reasonable sized room. The hotel is ideally placed for the town centre and has a good bar and restaurant. The breakfast and evening meal was okay. Enjoyed the entertainment on both nights in the bar.