“Not just for bikers”

Price range: US$4 - US$10
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe, Grill
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Family friendly cafe diner on the outskirts of Keswick, just 150yds from the A66 with off road private parking and plenty of outside seating. 'Highly Commended' by Cumbria Life Magazine in the 2013 Food & Drink Awards and finalists again in 2015. We offer local freshly ground coffee from John Watt & Sons and a menu focusing on fresh local produce including all-day breakfasts, Brunch, Lakeland Steakburgers, Eggs Benedict, sweet or savoury American pancakes , Homemade chips and a selection of vegitarian dishes including our delicious portobello mushroom and halloumi burger!
Reviewed 20 April 2018

An excellent stop off point for refreshment and simple but well prepared meals. I really enjoy my visits to this café whether by car or on my bike. Excellent that so close to Keswick there is parking.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank 5006CJP

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

We absolutely love The Filling Station for breakfast, it’s one of our go-to places while in Keswick.
Cooking breakfast is such a faff & not something we often do at home so we love brekkie here as it’s done to perfection.
The pancakes are amazing as is the full English - great coffee too.
It’s a winner for the whole family & sets us up brilliantly for a day outside in the fresh air.

2  Thank zebracoco
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Food was below par the service was much to be desired and they also managed to get my order wrong, most likely will not be going back...

Date of visit: April 2018
FSCafe, Manager at The Filling Station, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Sorry that you felt this way. I have reviewed the CCTV and checked the orders and you were served by a trainee member of staff on her 2nd day. You were abusive to this member of staff and knocked her confidence massively. The Chef offered to correct your order which would of only taken a few moments to do but you declined the offer.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

One of my fav' things about a 'meat burger' is the drip and ooze, this is the first veggie burger I've ever had that did this 'like a meat burger' - it was THE BEST. Apparently LEE was the chef genius behind this veggie burger, made up of a really good bun, portobello mushroom (oozing with flavour) perfectly cooked halloumi cheese (not too thick or thin and beautifully grilled) and then finished off with a sweet onion relish and some shrubbery - I was very Happy! Chips were cracking too - like the love child of a wedge and a thick chip with really good seasoning 'Thank You' - oh and the staff were lovely and friendly too ;-)

1  Thank RachKea
FSCafe, Manager at The Filling Station, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Thanks so much for this review. This was the aim of our vegetarian option burger, I think every vegetarian is fed up with dry 5 bean burgers! I will feedback to Lee that he cooked this to perfection. We home make our chips as well and we feel they are the best chips in Cumbria! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stumbled across this little gem when driving around the Lake District. We were greeted with a really warm welcome. My wife had the halloumi and roasted red pepper salad. I had the famous house burger. Both were absolutely delicious.
Fab place for a little lunch.

3  Thank Blismore

Thank you so much for the review. We are glad you found us! Hope to see you again soon.