All reviews black pudding guest house powerful hot shower top quality great bed warm welcome a great nights sleep full english yogurt quiet area great place to stay free wifi looking forward to our next visit home from home four nights breakfast choices nothing too much trouble
Reviewed 21 October 2017

Another visit to the Lakes, and another stay at The Rowan Tree, what a combination! It’s so important to have a base where you feel comfortable and welcome, I think this works for me so well. Owner Paul has an amazing sense of humour and does the best breakfast ever, set me up for a big day on the hills perfectly.Co Owner Anne, made sure that everything was just right for my stay. I will be back that’s for sure.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 October 2017

My first time back at the Rowan Tree in ages as they were busy most weekends through the summer so I had to stay at other guest houses. I dropped in with a last-minute knock on the door, touched lucky as they had 1 room available, and it was just like coming home. I got the warmest of welcomes, a powerful hot shower (something you appreciate even more after you've stayed in less salubrious establishments)! and a great nights sleep. I have a top quality mattress at home and find it difficult to sleep on anything inferior. (And lets face it, if a place is describing itself as a bed & breakfast then surely you have a right to expect a decent bed to sleep in and a good breakfast to set you on your way)? So, great bed, which just leaves breakfast ... quite simply ... the best breakfast anywhere. Enough said!

Room Tip: If solo take room 1, if a couple go for 2 or 4
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 September 2017

We stayed with Paul and Anne for one night on our Land's End to John o'Groats bike ride. We turned up after a day in really heavy rain but Paul happily stored our bikes for us in a secure place and helped us with getting our kit and shoes dried out ahead of the next day. Our room was large and clean with an excellent en suite and there was free WiFi which was useful. The next day we had a fantastic cooked breakfast which set us on our way and Paul even checked that we'd made it to our next destination. Overall an excellent place to stay. Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Good location - close to the centre of Keswick. The rooms were clean and nice and there was plenty of coffee, tea, hot chocolate and cookies. Nice staff. Breakfast was delicious with lots of things to choose from. We especially enjoyed the greek yougurt with fresh berries and fruit

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

You know when you look at accommodation in Keswick you are overwhelmed by choice. This one consistently had great reviews and the rooms looked wonderful online.
We booked and with speed we were confirmed and looked forward to the few nights stay.
Anne and Paul greeted us with open arms and warm hearts.
The rooms were more than generous and decorated with amazing taste. The amenities were perfect and the coffee and tea facilities in the rooms were better than any hotel ive stayed in.
The breakfast choice was impeccable and as a chef i can say it was the best one i have eaten at any guest house. I can tell great care was taken in choosing the items for breakfast. From the little french jams to the Stornoway black pudding.

I would highly recommend here to anybody that wants high standard accommodation whether you are there for 1 night or 5. We will be back.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family