US$268
US$307
  • Restaurant
US$184
US$249
The Borrowdale Gates Hotel(Grange-in-Borrowdale)
US$243
George Hotel(Keswick)
US$153
Lyzzick Hall Hotel(Under Skiddaw)
US$215
TripAdvisor
1,726 results
All reviewschoice hotelsstation buildingjunior suiterailway hotelcroquet lawnbuffet breakfastputting greenfirst classevening mealhalf boardvisited this hotelleisure centrerestaurant staffvenisonlovely hoteltown centrethree courses
Reviewed 13 January 2015

Booked the NY package deal and thoroughly enjoyed it. The hotel is very comfortable and well managed. The entertainment and hospitality was good and the food is EXCELLENT, some of the best I have ever tasted selected from a menu with dishes to suit all tastes and beautifully served. Thank you to ALL the staff and especially the Chef. We have booked for next New Year!

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 January 2015

We visited the Keswick Hotel recently and found it to be warm, comfortable and friendly -we will certainly visit again. It is conveniently placed for the town and is very close to the Leisure Centre and the Museum and Art Gallery.

Room Tip: Wifi worked in our room, but other guests had to stand in the corridor in order to connect - perhaps a booster signal is needed?
1  Thank Tjsmhs14phc
Reviewed 10 January 2015

My fiancé and I usually spend christmas eve & day etc with Family but this time we thought we would try something different and spend it together away. We chose the Christmas 3 night package, Mulled wine reception, Dinner, Bed & Breakfast. I did have my reservations about what sort of "entertainment, games" etc there would be and had my ideas of the age range of other guests there. BUT we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and amazed myself with being out and about at 9.30am on Christmas Day doing a "treasure Hunt". If any one is thinking about going away for Christmas, I really would recommend Keswick Country House Hotel. As ever the Staff, food, drink was first class.

I will stress again to people that this hotel is not 5 star luxury BUT a beautiful victorian hotel with character, old world charm, the quality food and service is hard to beat!.

Will be back again very soon for a mid-week or weekend break :)
thanks again everyone at the hotel.

5  Thank gohome61
Reviewed 10 January 2015

We have visited this hotel several times usually in the off-season and it has been consistently excellent value. The evening meals are well thought-out, well presented and the quality is excellent .The service is also unfussy and efficient, My usual gripe is that even an average bottle of wine is about £16. My only other criticism is that there needs to be some kind of fire in the lounge of an evening to make it a bit more cosy. The rooms are fine , not luxurious , but clean and comfortable. The hotel is of the Victorian era and and has retained a certain classical feel inside. We normally come here two or three times a year. Can't be bad !

Room Tip: we have never had a problem with any of the rooms.
2  Thank Rodneypp
Reviewed 10 January 2015

Once again we made our pre Christmas visit to Keswick. The hotel is excellent, warm and welcoming as are the staff.it really does seem better each year we visit and we have done now for the last 4 years. The main courses in the evening meal are a little too 'fancy' for my tastes but the staff are happy to make me a plainer meal. The breakfasts cannot be faulted for any tastes. The town itself is lovely at Christmas and many welcoming pubs are a bonus!
We will be back next year after our summer visits to the Claremont and the Cliffs.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: All rrooms have been refurbished since our first visit some years ago. better views on left side than right.