All reviews east turret turret room the hotel's website breakfast and dinner car park at the rear no lift hope park excellent hotel superb food pitch and putt town centre first class stunning views first floor course dinner both nights each evening
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel has excellent car parking facilities at the rear of the building.
Check in was very pleasant,
My room (7) had magnificent views of Hope Park, Derwentwater and Borrowdale. The room was nicely furnished with cream décor and one feature wall. There was pleanty of wardrobe and drawer space. The bathroom was well set up with nice tiling, apart from one obvious mistake over the bathroom door. Everything was immaculately clean. My only issues were that the bed was rather too hard for my taste and the TV only showed BBC channels.
Breakfast at Highfield is superb. It was probably the best breakfast I’ve ever had in many visits to England. Everything from the layout of the breakfast buffet to the table settings was superb. The quality of the cooked breakfast was also exceptional.
I highly recommend the Highfield and I have every intention of returning again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Awesome stay. I had booked for Sept but could not go, they let me move the date so I could stay another time. East turret room was great, better if weather any good. Good food and good room and good breakfast and really great location.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 October 2018

Booked in for two nights recently on our return journey to the South West from Scotland. Whilst they no longer do evening meals (and I must have missed that bit of information) this Hotel doesn't full short in any category. Whist our room was on the second floor, (and there is no lift), the view from our room was stunning. All the staff were friendly, and were even prepared to carry our luggage upstairs for us. The breakfast was cooked to order and of an excellent quality. It's position is perfect for exploring around the local area, including Keswick, and Derwent Water. Would highly recommend Highfields and will be returning ourselves. One thing to be mindful of - if you plan to eat in one of the excellent establishments in Keswick in the evening then book a table, we saw a lot of people turned away.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2018

The Highfield Hotel is in an excellent location in Keswick. It had a great balcony in Room 16 and our family in Room 17 had an excellent seating area and view when raining. They recommended their sister hotel, the George Hotel, for dinner and it was excellent - very large portions and very well prepared. The Highfield is also just a short walk from Friar's Crag and Derwentwater. The staff were very nice as well.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2018

I have thought about this review a lot (a 300-mile car journey home helped). This hotel gets so many things right but I can't in honesty say I would go back, I had 3 really bad nights of not-sleep on a bed that was just too uncomfortable.

However, if you like a solid bed the view is stunning to wake up to and the breakfast was pretty good.

On a side note, there is a not very well advertised carpark at the back, you need to drive up the little alley behind. You don't need to drive up an down the road outside for 20 minutes, find a space 1/4 of a mile away and then drag your case up the gravel path, only to be greeted by an initial greeting at the reception of: "Did you find our car park?", perhaps a clearer sign out the front would help.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple