All reviews bird feeders sun loungers landing stage lodore falls overlooking derwentwater keswick launch lovely hotel the main hotel lake district evening meal generous portions dog friendly hotel easy access bay window stunning views short break lounge area
Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Perfect each & every time we stop here be it for a quick refreshing 'pitstop' or to be fed & watered...

To be honest, our trips to derwent water are never without at least one stop here.

Location - perfect.
Accomadation - spotless.
Food - superb (cant wait to have the chicken stuffed with haggis then wrapped in panchetta....lovely.

A quick stop off today following a couple of hours quad biking close by. So a 2 mile hike to the MM was our reward & lovely once again.

Thank you to all the staff that work here that makes this place 'tick' & work so good.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2018

Stayed for one night on our way back to Wales from Scotland. Staff were increadibly welcoming and the service was great, from the moment we arrived. Our room was spotless and had everything we needed. We had our two dogs with us so were given a room in a building on the grounds where people can stay with pets but, as I said, it was a lovely room with a very nice, newly renovated bathroom.

The hotel is perfectly situated next to Derwentwater and even has it’s own little jetty. We had a very pleasant dinner, in a bar where dogs are allowed. In the morning breakfast was served promptly and was also very good. The dogs were given a Cumberland sausage each so if there was a dog Tripadvisor they would give it full marks. The hotel was quite a find, more than just tolerating dogs, they make an effort to welcome them. They are also exceptionally nice to human guests

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Been here for the last 4 years when visiting family from Cornwall . Just a quick drink ... turned into all afternoon. Very comfortable lounge with leather seats or tables . Staff very friendly & helpful. Can only imagine , on a warm evening it would be a great place to chill out , outside with a view to die for. Had lunch today, (vegetable ) hot & very tasty. A most !!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

I rang and booked a table for a meal for 2 people in the bar area with a dog. I was told they would reserve me a table no problem. I drove 20 miles that night only to be told when i arrived that all the tables were full and there was no room. I asked the lady
behind tbe bar why my table had not been reseved she just shrugged her shoulders and apologised that they must of forgotten.
I wont bother booking here again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2018

We had a 3 night stay at the Mary Mount Hotel for our wedding anniversary and "Babymoon" and we couldn't have had a better time.

First of all location and views. You literally can't get better! We walked around Derwent Water (the long way) to Keswick and got the boat back to the Hotel and it was just a lovely setting.

The weather was typical of the North West in late September but that didn't stop us from enjoying ourselves. Other than our daily breakfast which was delicious, simple and filling, we ate twice at the hotel and the food was gorgeous. Being 6 months pregnant I am suffering with a ridiculously rubbish appetite but the kitchen accommodated my request for a simple cheese and pickle sandwich on evening service without complaint. The lamb special I had on the last evening was literally to die for - I ate almost every bite because it was so nice, which is something I have been struggling with due to the pregnancy! The portions are HUGE but they definitely do not lack in quality or taste.

We had a lovely room, it was spacious, clean and comfortable. The bathroom looked like it had been recently redone and we had a gorgeous view towards Keswick and of Derwent Water/Catbells from the 2 windows.

With the poor weather on the first afternoon, we relaxed in the hotel playing board and card games in the lounge area. The whole hotel had a wonderful relaxed atmosphere, the staff were attentive and polite and we would definitely stay here again. We kept saying we couldn't understand why it was only a 2star hotel!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple