All reviews the pub smaller portions adventure playground lamb henry outdoor play area specials board steak and mushroom pie ate here family meal beer garden real ale good quality food cumberland sausage evening meal family room room was spacious stayed for one night
Reviewed 15 September 2017

We wanted some where local for a meal, and decided the Station Inn, When we arrived it was busy, our drinks order was taken and we were taken to a table and given menus, which we were impressed with the choice. Our meals arrived and were nice and hot. We could not fault anything about this place, the service was perfect from start to finish along with the food. We will certainly be returning.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

We regularly visit often last minute although I tend to ring and book as we bring our Border Collie along too. They gave a normal menu which is pretty comprehensive and do smaller portions of some dishes. Then there is the specials board with starter and mains to suit all tastes. I can recommend the gammon which I've had many times. As we usually have my 91 year old mother with us who can't manage a large amount their soups and desserts are very filling.
They are not too pricey and previously we've had 10 meals for just over £100 which is excellent value. The staff are friendly and as dog is with us we always eat in the bar area which has plenty of tables.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2017

As a party of 16 that had pre-ordered our meals we expected that the staff and kitchen would be prepared. When the mains arrived, I can't speak for all but the mine and several others were luke warm at best, veg under cooked and portions a little light. The staff were not very attentive and seemed more concerned with setting the tables for breakfast than addressing the two large tables with empty glasses (Big mistake!) When the desert arrived it was again luke warm, when the waitress brought through someone else's pudding I got her to take mine back to be heated. To be fair, the waitress returned to check if everyone else's desert was warm enough, no one else sent theirs back but this was down to them putting up with it and not wishing to make a fuss rather than it being hot.
To top the evening off my partner cut her finger on one of the chairs that had something sharp sticking out of it.
In summary a very poor experience, I will most certainly not be returning and that was the general feeling amongst the rest of our party. Had the staff been more attentive then they would have made more money on drinks alone. Had it been busy then I could understand the service but we were the only people dining at one stage so there really is no excuse. We only ate there so can't comment on accommodation.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2017

Expensive drinks served my surly staff, or at least it was my misfortune to encounter. Just wanted a couple of drinks with a friend, wished we hadn't bothered. It's an out of the way pub, needs to try harder.

Date of stay: June 2017
1  Thank KaneyCumbria_England
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Only stayed one night .. Sunday,Had a good meal in the bar ( lamb Henry) and breakfast was tasty, room was a bit tired , ground floor .. borrowdale I think ,we had incontinent wilder beast staying in the room above, between 5.30 am and 7.30am they flushed the toilet seven times!!
Staff all very helpful and friendly, good location if you fancy a walk over the helm across the road.

Date of stay: August 2017