“Best home made cakes ever!”
Review of The Sun Tea Rooms

The Sun Tea Rooms
Ranked #2 of 2 Dessert in Hawkshead
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Small but quirky cafe home of the giant cakes but also serving full meals from soups to our own cured and smoked meats
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Would I go again? Absolutely and drive to 200 miles to get there!

So the cakes are displayed in the window and look a work of art....and they tempt you in!

We had the strawberry cake and it was a slice of heaven - best cake ever and all homemade.

This is a small place and has so much charm and character and amazing staff I just fell in love with the place.

Make sure you visit if you are anywhere near the lakes

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Out on a trip to Hill Top and Hawkswood we were hungry and decided to eat here I had fish and chips wife and son had burger and chips all were served quickly and done was really really nice all plates emptied we were tempted by the enormous cakes but were too full so decided to take them back with us to eat later.When we did eat them they were a meal in themselves but were eaten and plates cleaned will go back when we are in the area again.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Loved this sweet, quirky little place!
We went for lunch, while on a visit to the area, and really enjoyed it. Tasty, homemade food served by friendly staff. What more could you want!

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

We've been a few times over the last 5-6 years for coffee and cake, which, quite frankly tastes every bit as good as it looks. However, today we wanted savoury so went for the fried chicken tenders sandwich and a pastrami sandwich. These both came with a little flower pot of chips which were golden, crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. The pastrami was not thinly sliced and was delicious. Don't read anymore reviews, just get yourselves there.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

Popped in to Hawkshead after taking our son to Hill Top. Looking for somewhere on a Sunday afternoon just to have a cuppa and maybe a bit of cake or a snack.
Found this place and the cakes are wow! Without the literary skills of Shakespeare I cannot do the cakes justice (also I wasn't the one eating them).
Nevertheless, my wife and son had huge smiles from the moment we walked in until the moment we walked out.
I had the soup and this was great. Also the range of herbal teas is fantastic and I can recommend the Camomile.
Please visit, it is an experience and will provide you with a fabulous memory.

1  Thank Airyhape