All reviews ash cottage the main hotel village green sister hotel king room lovely meal four poster garden view hotel restaurant modern bathroom anniversary weekend patio doors a great stay the ground floor pool and sauna limited parking leisure facilities
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Wonderful large room with great shower and lovely outdoor seating area
Ideal for dog owners as hotel is 100% dog friendly - recommend rooms 4 or 10 on the ground floor. Will be back without fail
Top hotel with friendly staff relaxed atmosphere and good choice of food inc a great breakfast to set you up for a days walking
My fiancé and me had an amazing stay just a pity it was only for one night will do longer next time !

1  Thank RichP2016x
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

This was our 4th visit, having stayed in main hotel before decided to stay in the little inn (formally Ash cottage) had the junior suite, we could not have chosen better. Room was clean and very spacious, staff were very helpful. We will definitely be going again

Date of stay: June 2017
1  Thank Marjorie C
Reviewed 3 July 2017

We booked a room at The Little Inn to enjoy the facilities of the main hotel but to enjoy a quiet, spacious room with a private patio. The perfect combination in this busy village, and the benefit of a parking space putside the door. Room 10 is spacious with two armchairs and a pretty view from large windows. Dinner in the main restaurant was excellent with charming service from Bianca, and good value for money.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank daphnew111
Reviewed 2 July 2017

We chose this hotel having looked at "Tripadvisor" reviews. We like the hotel, and the staff were very helpful and friendly. But we were disappointed with our room, it needed refurbishing, there were many little niggles with it. In talking with the reception staff, it seems that the hotel is in the process of refurbishing their rooms. So our advise is that you should ask for a refurbished room.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris E
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed here again as we really enjoyed our previous visit and we brought along other family members to celebrate a birthday.

The room was ok everything you needed but no bath, and the shower wouldn't stay up so it would only wash your feet unless you held it up yourself.

We seem to have been put next to a bunch of OAPs either side of us so every time you came in after 10.30 pm they'd both open their doors, stare at you and call you selfish.. so if you are a hung couple who likes a drink and stays up late like us maybe this is not the place to go (it's frowned upon.. apparently)

Another annoying thing was when it came to breakfast. When we visited previously it was a buffet style which excellent, loved it. This time you had to order it. The waiters took forever to come take your order and when they Did it was another 20 mins before the breakfast came.. plan ahead if you are staying here add at least another 30 mins onto your breakfast time.

When you speak to the waiters it's like you've just told them you've slept with their wife!!
They are sooo miserable and asking them to do something for you is a HUGE FAVOUR!!

Overall I still absolutely love Grasmere it's beautiful but I'm kind of disappointed with my visit to the little inn. I felt uneasy which when iv spent a lot of money to come away and relax I don't think I should be feeling like that.

Any you guys make your own minds up but I won't be rushing back.. shame really

If it's not broke don't try fixing things that's all I will say

Date of stay: June 2017