See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 June 2016

We came to The Manor House as a late booking, when we arrived a very warm welcome, beautiful room with everything you could want. Breakfast first class, nothing was too much trouble for Richard and Judy, will definitely be back

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2016

Ideal for our small group of bikers, we stayed for 5 nights, had lovely rooms, garaging for the bikes, Nothing was to much trouble for our hosts, the breakfasts superb, and the BBQ was a nice change from going to the local pub. All in all we had a great time and can only highly recommend this for any motorcyclists, cyclists or walkers, for touring around the lakes. (As a footnote some of the negative comments about the B&B on trip advisor do not relate to this Manor House but I believe to another with the same name in close proximity)

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2016

Stayed here while visiting family, staff are lovely felt right at home relaxing atmosphere lots of local information for tourists , our rfoom was room 3 with a balcony right at front I slept soundly all night, and the breakfast was amazing I don't usually eat a hot breakfast usually just have fruit on the go but because it was included I had toast with lovely homemade bread it was best toast ever and then I had a full breakfast it was amazing yummy I wanted to stay another night just to have breakfast again but unfortunately I had to go back to glasgow , will go back if not for over night stay I will be back for meal as lots of family who live in cockermouth have said they have enjoyed a meal here. Big thanks to staff who are lovely and welcoming

Room Tip: Room 3 has balcony at front
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank amanda w
Reviewed 11 August 2015 via mobile

This is my second stay. Rooms range from spacious doubles, to functional singles.
The hotel is clean breakfast and dinner are fantastic.
The service is friendly and professional.
I shall stay here again on business, and with my family. It is right in the heart on Cockermouth, a lovely town not far from Keswick. It is also close to the beautiful West Coast of Cumbria, that shouldn't be missed!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 13 October 2016

I think you stayed at The Manor Hotel in Cockermouth, and not with Richard and Judy.

Reviewed 4 August 2015

Well where to start ,arrived 3 hours late on Friday on problem, room spacious, clean,warm,breakfast Saturday excellent plenty of it good choice all staff helpful and pleasant and informative. Taxi booked as requested,would definitely return highly recommended ,only down side I left my new bottle of aftershave ah well nothings perfect.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple