All reviewslearn somethingstunning locationlocal areaother gueststutorcoursesaccommodationbedroom
Reviewed 12 July 2018

thoroughly enjoyed my long week end here learning a new hobby, set in beautiful grounds, the staff here are helpful and informative of the local area. The food is very good and plentiful, here is a small bar ,you can also have drinks with your meals if you require. no tv in your room, though there is t v lounge, I watched tv on my tablet in my room( for the news) my room was very small and rather dated, but clean and comfortable bed. I didn't spend much time in my room due to the course, I paid extra for a on- suite, a basic shower , toilet and hand basin,very small( if you were a large person I would ask for a bigger on-suite if possible) I had lovely views from my room to the lakes. There was numberous courses on at the same time ,at meal times you sit where you like in the dining room, interesting conversations with the other guests. I have booked a 5 day course next time ,there are lots of courses and I would recommend as the tutors are very good and know there stuff. ,hopefully I may get a bigger room, a lady I got friendly with had a massive modern room , I believe they are slowly redecorating the rooms? its a lottery.

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed 9 July 2018

A lovely place to stay, excellent food, all home cooked, the staff very helpful. Situated in a beautiful part of the country. I was there on a course, the tutors were excellent. I would definitely recommend this place.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 4 December 2017

First visit to Highhall.
Warm welcome a very cold day, friendly staff who were all interested in the course I was on.
Excellent home made food,served in very pleasant dinning room.
The course was well presented by Karen who had spent a lot of time sourcing materials for our creations,nothing to much trouble for her look forward to trying another course next year.
Thank you all for a very pleasant stay

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 August 2017

My third visit to Higham Hall was as good as ever. The course and visits were well planned and executed. The staff and tutor were well prepared and friendly. My food preferences had been accommodated without me having to ask. There is an ongoing plan for gradual improvement of both the house and grounds and it was nice to see things progressing.
Thank you to the Manager George and all the staff.

Room Tip: Free wifi is available in the lounge and dining areas.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 July 2017

Have just attended a course led by artist Robert Dutton. It was excellent, great fun and a very good painting experience. Higham Hall catered for us extremely well, wonderful food! Comfortable and friendly and helpful staff. Thank you all.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo