See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 January 2011

I booked Glenside at the last minute, have stayed in Ambleside many times, in some really good B & B's and hotels, but this one will take some beating. Paula came out to meet us as we arrived and from then on could not do enough for us. We stayed in the green room which was divine,we even had our own Xmas tree. If anything the breakfast was too big although hubby did manage to clear his plate, I had smoked salmon & scrambled eggs, delicious ! My only reservation was sharing the breakfast table with 2 other couples, but have to say it was great sharing New Years Eve stories. Paula, we can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank glimpys
Reviewed 3 January 2011

I have already reviewed Glenside but felt compelled to again. We have just returned from three nights over the New Year period and it was again perfect. Ambleside is the gem in the Lakes and there is only one place to stay and that is Glenside. This was our fourth stay at Glenside and it was great to see Paula again. Even though she has 1000s of guests over the years she remembers everything about you making it akin to visiting family. It's testament that I haven't stayed in any other accommodation 4 times and am not the kind to return to places, but Glenside is the exception. It really is our second home.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gradiate
Reviewed 30 November 2010

Paula's B&B at Glenside in Ambleside is a little taste of heaven! Paula is a fantastic hostess - warm, caring and great fun. Nothing is too much trouble; she goes to great lengths to make you feel welcome and to meet your needs. For example, all the bed linen was handwashed in non perfumed fabric for one member of the party with a perfume allergy. Her breakfasts are legendary, both in size and quality. e.g. Delicious fruit salad with yoghurt and nuts, cereals and juice followed by an enormous plate of the tastiest bacon, eggs etc plus the works.The rooms are beautiful...attractive, comfortable and roomy but cosy. The lounge is a very comfortable place to relax with a lovely warm fire. DVDs to borrow, books to read, suggestions for walking or relaxing, fresh milk in the rooms, even a spray for tired feet!....Paula has thought of everything. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank AnnenandAlan
Reviewed 15 November 2010

Just returned from my first stay at Glenside. I had been given the ok by my good lady to spend the week fell walking on my own and therefore 'at my pace' and was looking for a homely B+B that provided parking, a decent breakfast, comfortable rooms and situated not too far from the top eating and drinking places that Ambleside offers.
Glenside offered all the above and more.
From the minute I arrived, Paula welcomed me like an old friend. Her home is wonderful and the way she has decorated the rooms is unique, very tasteful even from a solo male perspective.
As with other reviews her breakfasts are brilliant and set me up for the rest of the day on the fells. Starting with a fresh fruit salad that was quite simply five star and a full English that was more than impressive.
The bedroom was very comfortable and provided an excellent nights sleep.
Quite simply this is THE B+B to use when staying in Ambleside.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 October 2010

It's only a small place, but it's only a five minutes walk from the middle of Ambleside. It's set back from the main road, so it's a bit quieter than those a bit nearer town. There is a bit of free parking.

Paula really looked after us, the breakfast was huge, it started with fresh fruit salad and cereal, and finished with a full English, although you can chose the items you want / don't want.

Our room was number 1, and it was big, space for two arm chairs and a wardrobe. The en-suite bathroom was spotless and the shower was excellent. Note: not all the rooms are en-suite.

Paula knows all the places to eat in Ambleside, we chose the Italian and the Thai, on her recommendation, both excellent.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple