“Lovely :)”

Ranked #44 of 103 Ambleside B&B and Inns
Hinckley
“Lovely :)”
Reviewed 5 December 2011

Had an excellent 2 night stay at The Gables. Our room (room 2) was very spacious and extremely comfortable. Everyone was very friendly and helpful, and the full english breakfast was very tasty, and just what we needed before a long walk.

The location of the guesthouse was perfect with many shops, bars and restaurants within easy walking distance.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2011

A warm and welcoming guest house that was perfect for a getaway in the lake district. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. It was clean and well presented. It was also very affordable and the four poster rooms are very comfortable

Room Tip: Go for a four poster room and book directly with the gables to get the best deal
Runcorn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2011

My husband and I have just returned from a 4 night stay at the Gables. It was our 1st visit to the Lake District together, and we couldnt have choice a nicer place to stay than The Gables. The supierior king room, room 2, was just like the pictures showed, it was gorgeous!! It was spotless and very spacious, I consider myself to be rather fussy and have high expectations, The Gables lived upto all my expectations!! When we arrived we were meet by Claire who told us that the owners, mark and sharyn were away on holiday, and that she had stepped in to run things, well she did a great job of that while we were there, Claire very kindly helped carry our bags upto our room and ran through everything with us. The breakfast was also lovely and set us up for the day. Rebecca who served the breakfast was also lovely and very helpful, she pointed us in the right direction to get to the top of loughrigg fell. The Gables also has carpark spaces which was great because ambleside itself has limited parking, I dont think many B&B's have carparks at all. If i had anything on the negative side to say it would be that the shower wasnt very powerful, this on the other hand did not bother me to much and having a bath was a plus. I will highly recommend The Gables and will hopefully return in the near future.

Lindsey & Craig Rowe

Room Tip: Room 2, The supierior King is very spacious and lovely
Matlock
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Last minute booking while undergoing chemotherarpy for breast cancer proved to be just the tonic I needed. Dog friendly B & B. Excellent breakfast served by friendly staff. They couldn't do enough for us.

This is my second visit here. My first was only my own for a mini break on my own and I raved so much about it my husband and even the dog was keen to try it for themselves. They were not disappointed!
Thanks for a lovely stay

Durham
Reviewed 24 October 2011

My friend and I have just returned from a weekend break at the Gables. The owners were very friendly and welcoming and our 2 single rooms were really nice. The location of the guest house was perfect and the breakfast was lovely. We would certainly go back again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends