Nanny Brow
The Fisherbeck(Ambleside)
Queen's Hotel(Ambleside)
The Samling Hotel(Windermere)
View Hotel
All reviewsarts and craftswhitwell suitehome made cakesskelwith roomdrop sconeslake districtantique furnitureattention to detailbeautiful housefabulous viewsoriginal featureshomemade jamsbirthday cardfresh fruit saladwarm welcomestayed longersmoked salmon
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Easily one of the best three B+B's that I've visited in the UK.
Great food, rooms, architecture, staff, and location. Stunning views... I just wished we had a few more days to stay there -no hesitation in returning- it was Fab!

Reviewed 17 February 2012

Years ago we stayed regularly at this gorgeous hotel and we loved it. We were thrilled to see that it had re-opened and couldn't wait to return. We went for my birthday this month and it is truly beautiful. Virtual perfection. There is nothing at all negative to say and we wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else when in the Lakes. Our room and bathroom were truly delightful and the sitting room and dining room to die for. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to the discerning of travellers - you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful.
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I stayed at Nanny Brow for 4 nights at the beginning of January, desperately in need of somewhere relaxing, chilled and with stunning views and I was not disappointed.
I travelled alone and stayed in one of their cheaper rooms, and it was just perfect- comfortable, beautifully decorated, lovely bathroom- I could go on! I took advantage of the winter discount and can honestly say it was one of the best breaks that I have had (shame about the weather mind!)
The breakfasts were worth the trip alone! I like my food, so can be quite picky, but the menu was varied and the food fresh and tasty, with generous portions too.
I would definitely go back- the rooms were beautiful and the building itself was welcoming, homely and perfect for a break in the lakes. If I could afford it, I would come here every year to get away from the stresses of the city. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 February 2012

We stayed 3 nights at Nanny Brow and from the moment we entered the B&B we knew we had chosen a great place to stay.Nanny Brow was recently refurbished and reopened in August 2010. The family who run it have kept some of the traditional features and have made it a real home from home. There is a delightful sitting room to relax in and they serve a variety of drinks including some locally made ale which is lovely. They provide a few walking books and magazines for you to look through and borrow. The breakfast room has a great view of the picturesque landscape and they provide everything you could ask for from cereal to locally caught smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. They also print out the weather for the day and have it available for you to read. The service was great and the owners are fonts of knowledge when it comes to te local area. Having never been before they suggested we did a couple of walks which were wonderful. They also recomended a couple of local places to eat in the evening. You can drive to some of the local pubs and restaurants for dinner or alternatively you can grab a taxi which is about £10 eaach way. We stayed in the Brathay room which has the 'loo with a view' and it absolutely does. You can see for miles whilst in the shower or on the loo! The bathroom was lovely and nicely decorated, the only downside was that it didn't have a bath but the shower was great as were the fluffy towels. The bedroom was big and spacious and also beautifully designed. Note to those of you who stay in this room... the bed squeeks! Apart from that it was lovely. I would recomend Nanny Brow for those of you who want to walk, relax and are happy to drive to go and get dinner. Its a real gem and I would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Beautiful hotel. The room was excellent with a fantastic view. We stayed for 2 nights and had a lovely weekend. The staff were friendly and helpful, even helping us to dig our car out when we got snowed in. We would recommend this hotel to anyone and will definitely be coming back.