We stayed four nights and wished it could have been much longer. The owners, Sue and Pete together with manager Mark, were absolute gems with top-class guest service and sheer professionalism. By the way, the home-made cakes brought to the room in the afternoon were to die for. Our room was huge, tastefully furnished with superb views of the R. Brathay meandering through the valley with thickly wooded sides and topped off by the high fells. Likewise, the bathroom was well appointed and huge. Sue's clever choice of Arts and Crafts-inspired decor together with period furniture and superb fabrics is a joy to behold. We particularly enjoyed admiring every little detail in taste not only in the house itself but also the food, which was chosen for its provenance and quality and was delicious. We will return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nanny Brow sits on its own private crag, near Ambleside with views down the Brathay valley. Direct fellside access for walkers and only minutes from the stunning Langdale Valleys. A relaxing family home with excellent levels of comfort and service. Spotlessly clean accommodation, warm and spacious with individually designed rooms, friendly service and great breakfasts. Come join us and unwind…… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Nanny Brow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nanny Brow Hotel Ambleside
- Nanny Brow Ambleside, Lake District