We stayed at the Waterhead hotel on 6th,7th of February. It was freezing cold and snow covered the ground. Inside the hotel was toasty warm and inviting. We found the service offered by the hotel to be first class.I walk very badly but this was dealt with in a sympathetic manner in a quiet uneffusive way. The views from the hotel bedroom and our table in the dining room were truly lovely almost demanding to be photographed.
We ate in the dining room for breakfast and evening meal. My husband is vegetarian and enjoyed all his meals. This does not happen often so other veggies take note. We found all the staff without exception to be very friendly and helpful.
It was a wonderful winter break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star town house hotel on the shores of Lake Windermere near Ambleside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, Travel Republic (UK) and Agoda so you can book your Waterhead Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambleside Hotel Waterhead
- Hotel Waterhead
- Waterhead Hotel Ambleside, Lake District