All reviews private jetty drying cabinet beautiful apartment drunken duck lovely walk lake district main building we've stayed lake view high standard estate fairfield luxury windermere lakeside ducks lounge
Reviewed 28 August 2018

I was checking here before booking again for Fairfield and like a previous poster I'm wondering why there are so few reviews. I can only assume the guests would like to keep Pullwoods a secret! We've been staying here, sometimes twice a year, for the past 4 years. It's wonderful for all the reasons stated by others and just gets better. We've stayed on our own, with family, and with friends, and enjoyed each and every visit despite some very wet weather in February!!
Fairfield is very well equipped as I'm sure the other apartments are. The standard here is quite high. But this has become our favourite. The wi-fi has never been a problem for us so I'm able to award all five stars.
The ladies in reception are so very helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. Linda was there on our last visit and gave us some advice re a local road closure. Much appreciated!! .

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2018

We stayed in the Luxury Boat House on the Pullwood Estate.
What a relaxing place to stay and celebrate our 20th Wedding Anniversary. The views are stunning, especially the early morning mist, wild life in abundance. Otters, Deer, Herons, a family of Swans which we fed daily. Ducks, a Fox which we saw on our last morning in the grounds and came up close. Swifts nesting in the boat house below, which you could look at though the boat house window at the entrance. unfortunately one hit one of the Bi-folds doors to the rear and landed on the terrace. It was fine and flew off after husband lifted it back over the balcony.
Everything was clean with added extra's. Fresh bread, butter, milk and fresh orange etc. Even had Ice for the Champaign which I had brought along and gorgeous silver ice bucket and flutes as a table centre piece.
Bed was comfy and slept well. Well equipped kitchen.
At the side of the boat house we had our own little lake side area a chance to get up close to the Swans and the 6 Signets and the Ducks.
Outside the front there is a seating area. and an entrance into the woods, we also found a small Den which I think some children had previously built with Solar lights. Lovely place for children to explore and grounds to play in.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

I have been coming here on and off for some years but I was surprised there are no recent reviews. Letting of the flat we hired was through “Heart of Lakes” a very experienced agency.
We usually like going to different parts of Lakes but we particularly enjoy this house. There are spectacular views of Lake Windermere. You can ring up the Boat at Waterside in Ambleside in the morning before 10am and be collected from the Pullwood bay private jetty. It is expensive but a treat.
There is a lovely walk suitable for youngish children through the woods to Wray Castle, which is a National trust property. (Not very interesting).
In the evening at Pullwood Bay, there is usually a siting of deer on the lawn.
Improvements since our last visit(about 3 years ago) are individual flat keysafes in an illuminated out building. Very useful, as the reception office closes at about 4.30pm
By the way, our receptionist(Linda) was a brilliant source of local information. She knew that Cartmel Priory was open and we found it was a highlight of our trip.
Our particular flat (Fairfield) was outstanding from the point of household amenities. Since coming home, I have bought a cylinder climate control fan and a superb washing up bowl with a built in strainer to catch bits. I had never used either before visiting this flat!
It was typical of the consideration of the flat owner that a cylinder fan and bedroom desk fan were provided as our visit was during the heatwave. Old English houses are not known for air conditioning.
WiFi is available but there are still technical problems with this, as we have found on previous visits and has cost them a star!
We were able to walk up the road to “The Drunken Duck” in the evening but meals were booked the previous week to avoid disappointment. You have to be reasonably fit as it is uphill and allow 30 mins to get there.
Price wise, this is a luxury let but was ideal for us, as my son’s family and grandchildren were staying in one of the other flats.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Margaret66985
Reviewed 27 September 2017

I booked a week in Wetherlam, a ground floor apartment at Pullwood Bay. Access is by way of 6 steep steps, obviously built in recent times, but without any form of handrail. I use a stick, but am far from incapacitated. However, the lack of any form of hand hold made the apartment inaccessible. I therefor had to crawl up the steps when going out or coming in. This situation should be made clear at the time of booking.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Stayed at Pullwood Bay for a wonderful week in the apartment Buttermere which is situated in the main building .The views from the lounge and main bedroom are absolutely lovely .We found the place very comfortable and to an high standard ,the building itself is very impressive when you drive up to it,and was very lucky enough to see the deer and otters that must live in or near the grounds .In the kitchen there was also cupboard that contained an electric drying cabinet which was very handy for drying clothes and boots if the weather had been wet .Would like to think we will return one day.

Stayed: July 2017