“BEST BACON BUTTIE”
Review of Fresher's Cafe

Fresher's Cafe
Ranked #3 of 128 Restaurants in Ambleside
Price range: US$2 - US$7
Description: Fresher's Cafe is the first & friendliest cafe in Ambleside. We serve excellent coffee, teas, cold drinks, light bites & homemade cakes. Feel free to eat-in or take-away - If you choose to stay we have both indoor & outdoor seating. If the weather is nice you can relax in the suntrap outdoor courtyard. There is some limited free customer parking just past the shop. Good dogs welcome!
Reviewed 17 April 2018

I cannot believe how much bacon was in my buttie AND it was delicious. I usually add sauce but didn't today, and I was so pleased because the taste of the bacon sent me off in raptures of delight.
The people were very kind, very friendly and polite and gave me dog biscuits for my 4 legged companions.
Excellent mug of tea.
Very reasonable. I'll be going back again tomorrow.

2  Thank Nediloperai

Reviewed 16 April 2018

We stumbled upon this cafe when walking back into Ambleside and thought we would have a 'lite bite'. The baked potato we ordered was a complete meal - it was brilliant!

This is very much a family run cafe; we met Son, Gran and Dad. All lovely friendly people who escalate this cafe from being good to being great! It was a lovely experience and we hope to return many times in the future.

1  Thank bootstrapbob
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Popped in for a quick lunch, our 2 girls were tired and grumpy after a long drive. The food was lovely, and the family run cafe was like visiting friendly relatives. We all left contented and full.

1  Thank Sprabatani
Reviewed 12 April 2018

The food here is very good, no doubt about that at all. But, what really makes it stand out is the attitude of the staff. They take pride in their work and were very very welcoming and cheery. Well done!

1  Thank ParisChristina
Reviewed 12 April 2018

We came across this little cafe on the return from a walk and called in for a drink. The staff were extremely helpful and welcoming and the drink and shortbread absolutely delicious. Wish we hadn't had a big breakfast as we would have loved to have more of their delicious food. Highly recommend and will definitely be back when we are next in Ambleside. Many thanks

2  Thank jessblackburn