“Excellent Restaurant”

Ranked #46 of 122 Restaurants in Ambleside
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2016

We had a very nice meal, good service, in a very pleasant restaurant. The staff were very attentive and eager to please.

Reviewed 27 June 2016

Had a super meal (and drinks) here on a super day June 2016.
Food was top quality, hot and nicely prepared and was not over priced. Great location and great staff who where more than helpful and polite.

Reviewed 18 June 2016

We stayed at the Lake House Hotel which is the sister hotel to the Regent and we received a 10% discount on food to eat here. The food was really good and a great range of dishes to suit most tastes. Prices were reasonable for the lakes area and service was cheerful and at a good speed for a leisurely meal. The restaurant is pleasantly decorated and is right by the lake. We had the scampi and the gammon steak , both really good portions, fresh and nicely presented.

Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

I visited the Regent today after a thirty year gap, having stayed there as a child. After a nice drink in the beer garden I decided to have a quick bite in the bar recalling how good the food had been when I stayed there years ago. I also checked on trip advisor and the reviews were favourable. I ordered roast chicken which was to come with chips or mash, sage and onion stuffing, apple sauce and onion gravy at £11.95. When it arrived I was distracted with my baby so didn't notice that I received no stuffing & no apple sauce. I basically got chicken, mash and fairly dried up (prepped early morning for sure and requiring rehydrated!) and undressed (rookie error) salad on a plate. For £12 quid that's pretty poor. I would have said something but no one came to check back on how I was getting on with my meal. My scouting mission to see if I would return with hubby was conclusive...no, I wouldn't do so!
The staff were very pleasant though!

Reviewed 13 June 2016 via mobile

Had a bar meal in the hotel, wife had an omelette and I opted for the steak pie.
After a small wait food was presented to us both looking very appetising.
Pie was delicious as was the omelette. Very filling unfortunately unable to try desert due to being full.