All reviews secure parking room was clean minute walk very pleasant stay tea and coffee great value for money stadium
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

This was the worst experience ever!
The room was dirty and uncleaned for ages. I booked en suite and I got a shared bathroom. Honestely, I just don't find the words to describe how it was... disgusting!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Emilian U
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

Ok i travel about quite alot both business and pleasure.When I am working in Hull i have stayed here.
The hotel is under new management
John and sandra who I only recently met they are 2 of the friendliest people that you could meet. They are very welcoming and decent and go out of their way to make you feel at home..
The hotel is what it is and it is currently being updated and renovated..some of the rooms maybe tired and dated but they are being overhauled..some of the rooms have been modernised and are finished to a good standard..The food is home cooked and great value for money There is secure car parking and the place is in a good location to city centre..This place will never be the ritz but it doesnt pretend to be..I cannot fault the vale I found it very reasonably priced and ideal for what I wanted..this is an honest review and i wish the new managers good luck for the future

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

Excellent 2 week stay. Very friendly and helpful staff who couldn't do enough for you. John and Sandra the new owners are doing a fantastic job running and at the same time renovating the hotel. The bed is so comfy best nights sleep I've had staying at a hotel, breakfast is absolutely delicious freshly cooked, and generous size portion, excellent value for a £5, as is the evening meal, same price and is fantastic, fresh home cooked meal after a days business, ye can't beat it and Sandra's cooking is amazing well worth the £5. My room was spotless on arrival, if I needed anything I just had to ask, nothing was a problem for them. The dinning room was spotless and you can help yourself to Tea n Coffee any time of the day or night. I have thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and will definitely be staying here again next time I'm in Hull. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for value for money stay. 10/10 with out a doubt. Also Laundry service £5 a wash n dry my clothes came back spotless and fresh smelling. Highly recommend anyone to stay here. I will 100% be coming back in the new year with my wife n kids for a weekend break.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Me and my girlfriend stayed here in July for a night to see ELO at the football ground. When we arrived there was nobody in and we couldn't check in so we had to leave our bags in the car till 4pm. So we went a walk into town which was about 40 Minutes away, its a great city for a few beers we were really impressed, then we walked back and checked in. The football grounds about 15 minutes away and after the gig we went to a great Indian just around the corner from the hotel. Cant really fault the hotel for the cheap price but its very basic.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2017

I booked this for my son. He said that the bed was the most comfortable that he had ever slept in. The room was very clean too. However that's where the good stuff ends. There was a glaring blinding ceiling light, no lamp. So he had the choice of laying in bed and being blinded or be in pitch black. Speaking of which - he was in room and up several stairs. As he got onto his floor the light didn't work so again more pitch black. Good job that his vision is good and he had the light from his mobile phone or he could've had a nasty fall. We reported the light to the lady on reception straight away when he arrived and she said that the handy man would fix it Nobody fixed it. Also the shower was freezing cold throughout his visit and he had a short sharp shock of cold water every time that he used it. There is a secure parking area at the back of The Vale Apart. However when he came back from being out with us ( He was visiting for my daughter's 30th birthday ) it was pitch black, and the gate was locked - even though the lady had said that it wouldn't be locked until 10pm. Luckily there was another guest who kindly let him in in the pitch black night. Then upon getting in the parking area - no parking spaces left!!!! Luckily again the kind man helped out and juggled some cars around to create more space. Not a very good first day visiting - my son had come all the way from Bedfordshire. However if you're after a cheap basic clean room it's definitely that. But if you stay in room 6 you risk having a tumble going up those stairs in the dark ( I have a funny feeling that the lights still won't be fixed!!!! ) and you won't be able to read comfortably in bed as you will have a bare glaring light-bulb shining in your eyes and freezing cold showers. As I said - very very basic.

Room Tip: Stay downstairs - it's too risky going upstairs.And make sure that you check the lighting and shower upon arrival. I only wish that we had
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family