1,512 results
All reviews train station queen victoria coach trip national holidays evening meal free parking city centre buffet breakfast hotel bar tea and coffee saturday night short break excellent value for money twin room full english mercure platform
Reviewed 26 February 2016

Booked in here for one night for a football match. Checking I was fine. I arrived back after match to find hundreds of screaming kids running round outside my room, hotel bar, and reception, told the reception they said they would sort it needless to say nothing changed if I had known a boxing event for kids was here I wouldn't have stayed nor will I ever again, awful !

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
David C, Customer Service Manager at The Royal Hotel Hull, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2016

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotels. I was saddened to read that the behaviour of some of those attending the function at the hotel spoilt your stay. The reception team did, indeed, pass on your comments to the duty Manager who spent some time getting the children off the floors and back into the room they had booked.

I do hope you reconsider your decision not to stay here in the future

Regards

Reviewed 25 February 2016

Receptionist was not personable, did not acknowledge my platinum membership and, therefore did not offer any privileges. If she is able to smile it certainly was not e vident . This is not normal. I have visited this hotel many times and have always had a great time hence the renewed visits. After the bad experience at reception our stay improved as usual.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel.

I was sorry to read that the welcome you received on this occasion did not match that of your previous visits, rest assured this has been raised with the reception team. I am glad that this appeared to be a one-off and that it did not spoil the rest of your stay.

Regards,

Reviewed 24 February 2016

The best thing about this hotel is it's position. Right in the heart of the city and easy to reach all shops & restaurants.
Our room was adequate although no biccies with the tea & coffee making facilities! Only half of one toilet roll in the bathroom ( luckily we survived). The room telephone didn't work which I reported. (It was still the same when we checked out).
Meal wise we only had breakfast. The food was ok (self service) but the service was poor. When shown our table and received our ordered tea & coffee we noticed our milk jug was empty. After waiting a few minutes to ask someone for milk (without success ) I decided to fill our jug from the cereal table which I noticed quite a few people were doing. None of our pots or plates were cleared while we were at the table.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

hank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Hull Royal Hotel. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 24 February 2016

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Mercure Hotels

Reviewed 22 February 2016

Unbeatable convenient city location. Friendly,helpful & welcoming staff.very good room facilities, clean and well kept. Didn't use the restaurant for dinner but breakfast was excellent. Only drawback was limited parking, but they were hosting a conference.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Budgiemedic

I was very pleased to have received your feedback on your recent visit. It is always nice to know that a guest has had an enjoyable stay, which reading your comments you had with us. You found our staff to be friendly, helpful and welcoming and your experience at breakfast was equally as good. I will share your comments with the team who will take great encouragement from them.

Regards,