“Poor service”

The Sailmakers Pub and Restaurant
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Situated on the banks of the Humber Estuary the view from The Sailmakers is unparalleled. The building is rustic and unique with many of the buildings original features still in place. The Sailmakers comprises of a light open plan restaurant that overlooks the river with a large bar and separate drinking area, complete with pool table, gaming machines and a large screen television for non‐diners. Next door to the restaurant area is our Wacky Corner, a soft play area with ball pool, slide and separate toddler section. Outside are two good sized seating areas both overlooking the river and great views of the Humber Bridge. The Sailmakers is located on a large retail park just off the A63.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Mediocre food, bit grubby, rude barman denying to change a £5 note to put in their machines after spending money on meals and drinks. This is a 'family' pub and my little granddaughter loves the toy machines. Barman refused to change a £5 note saying they might go short...later. I will never spend another penny in this place. After going most weeks for a couple of years and spending hundreds of pounds we will never return again. I will tell everyone I know to avoid this pub.

Review collected in partnership with Greene King
lois d, General Manager at The Sailmakers Pub and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Good afternoon,

I'm truly sorry to read your feedback, this is not the standard of service we strive to deliver. I do hope you will give us another try soon. If you would like to discuss this further my contact number is 01482 610921

kind regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Sat.lunch time fairly quiet staff friendly food reasonably good value
Definitely recommend it if you don't want pizza hut

Thank you for your feedback, i'mglad you enjoyed your visit and I hope you had a nice time away.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I went here with my partner on Friday, on entrance it looks a bit dated and could do with a good clean, the staff were friendly but the food even tho i classed it as cheap and cheerful was over cooked, dry and not very appetising, I had a chicken New Yorker and my partner had fish chips and mushy peas, that looked very dry and unappetising to, we won’t be going back for a second try..

Good afternoon,

I'm sorry to see you did not enjoy your visit, I was the duty manager on at the time and was unaware of any food issues on the day, did you raise with a member of the team as we would have done what we could to rectify the issues for you. I do hope you will give us another try

kind regards

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Standard pub food but good. Friendly service great location. good car parking. Handy for the local shopping park.

Thank you for your feedback im pleased you found us to be friendly and enjoyed your food. We look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 22 October 2017

we visited here today for our teas (22/10/17),there was 7 adults and one grandchild,we really could not fault it,the food and the service was excellent,all of us got different meals,and all our meals where beautiful,all the staff where lovely,and really helpfull,and happy and smiling,a credit to them all,thank you very much,will definately be recommending to others,and will definately be returning x

1  Thank juliefrench887

Thank you for your lovely feedback, I'm glad you enjoyed your visit, and look forward to seeing you again soon!