“Cheap and cheerful”

The Sailmakers Pub and Restaurant
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Situated on the banks of the Humber Estuary the view from The Sailmakers is unparalleled. The building is rustic and unique with many of the buildings original features still in place. The Sailmakers comprises of a light open plan restaurant that overlooks the river with a large bar and separate drinking area, complete with pool table, gaming machines and a large screen television for non‐diners. Next door to the restaurant area is our Wacky Corner, a soft play area with ball pool, slide and separate toddler section. Outside are two good sized seating areas both overlooking the river and great views of the Humber Bridge. The Sailmakers is located on a large retail park just off the A63.
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

We visit Sailmakers regularly and mostly enjoy our visits.
It can be a little busy at times and occasionally parents do let their children run around but there are plenty of seating choices so you can avoid the issue.
Food is served quickly and is good value for money.
There is a kids area at the back of the resteraunt which is usually full of unsupervised children so we don't let our daughter go in there as they always appear to be playing roughly.
Don't let this put you off visiting, just choose a table further inside the resteraunt.
The staff are friendly and the waiters and waitresses always make us feel welcome and always check if everything is ok.
If your in the area and fancy going cheap and cheerful then give Sailmakers a try.

2  Thank Leigh B
lois d, General Manager at The Sailmakers Pub and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for your feedback im so pleased you enjoy visiting us. I will take your comments re the play area on board and ensure all our little guests are able to enjoy it! I hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Wouldn't recommend this for food at all. The plates where dirty when I received my food and it was easy to tell all the food was microwaved. Didn't look appetising on the plate. Wouldn't go back only good thing was the view. Very poor restaurant

Reviewed 4 October 2017

We call in on a Wednesday Lunchtime after visiting the nearby B&Q for their pensioners 10% discount Day
On a good day our B&Q savings pay for the sailmakers 2 meals for £8.99 specials on their extensive Pub meals menu and available Monday to Friday inclusive.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

I had the hunters chicken which tasted fab. We wasn't sure if the chicken would be dry like some places. I took a chance and it was cooked lovely. We had prawn starter again nicely cooked. My colleague had lamb and mash, the mash wasn't freshly cooked but it was still tasty. He had the ultimate sundae and it was huge. The staff were very friendly and the management came over and chatted with us. All in all a really good experience. Thanks

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Called here as I had time to kill and I was hungry . Meal alone and more than happy with what I got. Staff were so friendly and looked after me from start to Finnish . Ordered the house special burger and got more than I was expecting so a massive well done. Tasty and plenty on my plate. Well done to all the staff and management team. Clean friendly and good value. Will return so see you soon. Thank you.