“Great menu and reasonably priced”

The Sailmakers Pub and Restaurant
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Situated on the banks of the Humber Estuary the view from The Sailmakers is unparalleled. The building is rustic and unique with many of the buildings original features still in place. The Sailmakers comprises of a light open plan restaurant that overlooks the river with a large bar and separate drinking area, complete with pool table, gaming machines and a large screen television for non‐diners. Next door to the restaurant area is our Wacky Corner, a soft play area with ball pool, slide and separate toddler section. Outside are two good sized seating areas both overlooking the river and great views of the Humber Bridge. The Sailmakers is located on a large retail park just off the A63.
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

I had the hunters chicken which tasted fab. We wasn't sure if the chicken would be dry like some places. I took a chance and it was cooked lovely. We had prawn starter again nicely cooked. My colleague had lamb and mash, the mash wasn't freshly cooked but it was still tasty. He had the ultimate sundae and it was huge. The staff were very friendly and the management came over and chatted with us. All in all a really good experience. Thanks

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Called here as I had time to kill and I was hungry . Meal alone and more than happy with what I got. Staff were so friendly and looked after me from start to Finnish . Ordered the house special burger and got more than I was expecting so a massive well done. Tasty and plenty on my plate. Well done to all the staff and management team. Clean friendly and good value. Will return so see you soon. Thank you.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped in here just as a last minute decision and had a lovely lunch the mini mixed grill is very tasty and a very reasonable price views over Humber are lovely particulary on a sunny day like today . Very cheerful staff aswell

Reviewed 26 August 2017

There was a large group of us that went for a meal. Overall its not a place I will be returning, due to lack of atmosphere and quality of the food. Ordering the food was no problem and the price of the main meal was average and had some special offers on which were good. The food was prompt however it wasn't very tasty. One of the group had ordered steak and couldn't cut into it due to the fat. Ordered desert, and in comparison to the main meals they were nearly the same price. We had asked for a different spoon due to the size that they had brought with the dessert and you would think we had asked the most awkward request. They did return with a replacement spoon and put it on the table instead of handing it to us and found that their mannerism slightly rude. Although food was served in a timely manner the staff gave the impression that everything was half hearted and that they wanted to be somewhere else.

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

I only headed here due to being given a voucher by a kind bar staff last time we walked that way, the pub is a little out the way for us but non the less we thought get use from the 20% off but to our surprise that was just dismissed to be told it would cost more to use it ? I would like to warn people of this.
The food we ordered was a curry when it arrived it just looked like soup no taste nothing as if it's been just zapped in a microwave after being in the freezer for months!
The other components where in eatable and burnt.
Not a good way to impress a first time diner. They did try and put things right by offering a vegi burger that was dry and at best edible I won't be rushing back