“comfortable very clean hotel”

Premier Inn Hull City Centre Hotel
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Good location for 'the deep' virtually on the doorstep,short walk into the old town. Friendly helpful staff,comfortable very clean rooms,good food & free parking. All credit to the staff.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Hull City Centre Hotel

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Stayed here for a friends wedding for a 3 night stay. A new site a short walk from the City Centre and literally over the road from "The Deep" where my best friends wedding was taking place - very convinient for a short stroll without hair getting blown away by the North Sea winds! I was travelling on my own and found the area a bit eerie at night - especially walking into the lobby and having to use the lift. However, I had no problems and the friendly taxi drivers that dropped me off watched me into the lobby (people in Hull are so friendly)!. When I checked in my room was very dusty, due to a chest infection I was getting over I was coughing my head off - called down to reception and they moved me straight away and apologised prefusely. Very good staff - couldn't do enough for you without being over bearing. Had a meal in the restaurant while waiting for my train back and it was nice - but very quiet!

I think Premier Inns are the best chain of "budget overnight hotels" in the UK and this one lived up to expectations. Would have been a 5 star if not for dark area it was situated in. Apparently this area is tipped for massive regeneration but the funding has been cut - what a shame!

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up to get good views over the river Humber / docks.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Japanista
Reviewed 4 April 2012

This is our fourth visit in two years and standards continue to be fully maintained. The rooms are large, adequately equipped and immaculately clean. The entire hotel is maintained to a high standard and so it is very obvious that it is well managed and has an excellent, motivated and caring Team. Welcome on arrival was warm and friendly and throughout our four day stay every member of Staff has greeted us with a smile. The 30 minutes free WiFi is an excellent addition to the 'package' and, for those requiring more time, £3 per 24 hours is a really great deal .The location is superb and the views pleasant. The proximity of the 'Museum Quarter' (Wilberforce House, Transport Museum, etc.) provides superb free interest and entertainment for all the Family and the nearby 'Old Town' is fascinating to explore. Well done one and all....we will return!!!.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephen B
Reviewed 3 April 2012

A thoroughly enjoyable stay. I would recommend this hotel to anyone for any purpose.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I stayed at this Hotel on 23 March 2012.

We booked this hotel using the Premier Inn website, which was very easy to use and as we booked in advance by a couple of months the non-refundable room rate was only £36 (no breakfast)

Before setting off I asked if we could be allowed into the 3 rooms we had booked at 12 p.m. (rather than usual 2 p.m. check in). I explained that we had to travel a long way to travel and we would be leaving at 6 in the morning to get there. I was told this could not be guaranteed but they would see what they could do.

On arrival you just drive straight into the car park and take the lift to reception on the seventh floor.

When we arrived just before 12 they had a record showing that I had asked for an early check in (which was a good start) and we were quickly checked in. I asked for an iron an ironing board and this was outside my room within a couple of minutes.

The room was great and very clean, with a bath and shower, and very comfy bed and pillows. The temperature control panel was also useful to get that temperature just right. I did not hear any nose in the hotel and whilst it is near to a main road it is far away enough not to hear any traffic at all.

This hotel was fantastic value for the money we had paid. The hotel is very centrally located and the city centre is only a few minutes walk away.

We did not eat breakfast and there is a cafe just a few minutes walk down the road (you will pass it when you turn into the road the hotel is in) which offered better value food. The restaurant and bar did look quite nice and was located in the hotel rather than being a pub next door, which is usually the case.

Anyway, I would highly recommend this hotel, and it is on par with the Holiday Inn Express (by the train station). Although I think I preferred the location of the Holiday Inn Express because it is located right next to a shopping Mall, although the HI Express is in a much busier area.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends