Let me start by saying I was a massive fan of this kebab shop. It was the best in Tunbridge Wells by far. And then a month ago I walked in to different people serving me and there were new leaflets with 'under new management' plastered all over them. The short of it is I want the old management back.
In the couple of times I've been since it has been taken over I've encountered a number of problems:
- They don't seem to listen to what you actually want anymore: you ask for something to be cooked for slightly shorter/longer and it just gets ignored.
- Portion sizes have notably decreased. E.g. Chips are now served on a half filled tray, also be wary of asking for salad on a kebab because it will be seen as an opportunity to hold back with the actual meat.
- They've stopped BBQing vegetables which were a great addition to a meal.
- If you didn't want your meal to be swimming in sauce(understandably) they used to throw in a pot of sauce to add/dip at your leisure. They now charge for such pots.
- Prices have gone up. I believe this was the main reason for the new menus. I wouldn't mind this if the quality of the food had got better or at least stayed the same but unfortunately not.
- They seem much ruder. When ringing through a collection order they can't wait to get you off the phone. We all have better things to be doing but it would be nice if it actually sounded like they were listening to your order.
In conclusion, I'm not saying that you're necessarily going to be disappointed with a visit here, but it certainly won't blow you away. I used to think of it as take away Turkish cuisine, now it's just a ten a penny kebab shop.