“All good things must come to an end...”
Review of MANGAL & MEZE

MANGAL & MEZE
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish
Reviewed 4 December 2015

Let me start by saying I was a massive fan of this kebab shop. It was the best in Tunbridge Wells by far. And then a month ago I walked in to different people serving me and there were new leaflets with 'under new management' plastered all over them. The short of it is I want the old management back.

In the couple of times I've been since it has been taken over I've encountered a number of problems:
- They don't seem to listen to what you actually want anymore: you ask for something to be cooked for slightly shorter/longer and it just gets ignored.
- Portion sizes have notably decreased. E.g. Chips are now served on a half filled tray, also be wary of asking for salad on a kebab because it will be seen as an opportunity to hold back with the actual meat.
- They've stopped BBQing vegetables which were a great addition to a meal.
- If you didn't want your meal to be swimming in sauce(understandably) they used to throw in a pot of sauce to add/dip at your leisure. They now charge for such pots.
- Prices have gone up. I believe this was the main reason for the new menus. I wouldn't mind this if the quality of the food had got better or at least stayed the same but unfortunately not.
- They seem much ruder. When ringing through a collection order they can't wait to get you off the phone. We all have better things to be doing but it would be nice if it actually sounded like they were listening to your order.

In conclusion, I'm not saying that you're necessarily going to be disappointed with a visit here, but it certainly won't blow you away. I used to think of it as take away Turkish cuisine, now it's just a ten a penny kebab shop.

5  Thank CanIHaveSomeMore777

Reviewed 18 July 2015

I would have loved to try this kebab shop, but after waiting 1 hour and 30 minutes, I gave up. Tried to call them to find out where my food was but no one answered the phone. Bad service.

1  Thank Denise w
Reviewed 18 April 2015 via mobile

Mangal and Meze has been the best kebab shop I have ever been too. The food is delicious, staff are welcoming and I can not fault the place. Generous portions at a very decent price. I highly recommend eating from here for your evening (or lunch)
Thank you so much for the lovely food

1  Thank Bowra97
Reviewed 8 February 2015

Outstanding. Thats all i can say. Well done will be back. Haven't had a kebab this good, since eating at the orient express, Stretham High Street and that was a long time ago.

3  Thank damien s
Reviewed 4 January 2015

Tried this for the first time today after a flyer for it came through our letterbox and I've never found a decent kebaby in TW yet. Made the drive on a Sunday (as traffic to Pembury fills me with dread!) and thankfully it's an excellent kebab shop. Decent meat, cooked well, huge portions, and good customer service.
And if you like the tzatziki, get it, as it's really really really really nice!
Take away only.