“Brilliant seafood cookery”

Price range: US$4 - US$19
Cuisines: Mediterranean, British
Good for: View, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We serve fresh local seafood in a relaxed environment with stunning views we also serve Breakfast all day and brunch plus private hire and weddings. the brasserie offers meat and vegetarian dishes plus vegan dishes. we have a huge sun terrace to accommodate our clients plus free parking outside the building
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Discovered this restaurant a few months ago & have since eaten there for dinner on three occasions. Each time my partner & I have had the fresh fish of the day so that's 5 different fish I believe (plus two members of the party yesterday had the battered cod) - and each time the fish has been exceedingly fresh & superbly cooked : the chef here certainly knows how to cook fish. The quality of the fish, the cooking & the great prices put to shame some more famous "fine dining" fish/seafood restaurants around the coast of the UK. The place itself & it's setting is unique aswell & is quirkily understated - a very comfortable place to eat/drink. A thoroughly recommended place & whilst we live 200 miles away, regular visits to the area will definitely result in repeat visits to the Brasserie.

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed 30 September 2017

Was there for lunch the setting was perfect. Managed to,drive along harbour wall and park, there are about six spots. Restaurant looked like a ship, it didn,t disappoint inside felt as if you were at sea with views of the harbour and town and out to sea beyond. The smoked haddock with duck egg was gorgeous and the paella was as good as you would,find in Spain. I was delighted to hear that it,was,dog friendly as a walk with the pooch up the harbor wall would be divine.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

I decided to sit outside as it was a lovely day although a bit breezy !
I chose the homemade fishcake, salad and pickles, it was very tasty, the fishcake was lightly fried and well filled, I especially loved the pickled vegetables, so flavoursome.
The staff were helpful and charming.
Service was fine considering it was Sunday and main restaurant was quite full.
Although I thought that the food was excellent, I would have liked a larger portion for the price of £11 which I thought was a bit steep. However I would still recommend it.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

So nice to find a up market restaurant that is dog friendly! Need to advertise this more. Food was lovely fish stew and mussels staff friendly and helpful we will definitely be back with dog of course.

1  Thank Bronveal
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

A really good location overlooking the sea nice and high so a good bite. Lots to see. The meal was good and the coffee was full bodied. Felt the staff who were very efficient were just a bit too efficient. A little more gentleness and graciousness would be nice.