“I must return to those places! :)” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Loddington House

Loddington House
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Dover
“I must return to those places! :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2011

This is an old house, beautifully decorated, with great views of the harbour or the cliffs from every room! Everthing is clean and all the bed linen and towels smell so nice! Robert, the owner, has been so great, helping me with all I needed to know, reccommending places to go and how to get there. I'm definitely gonna come back!

• Stayed June 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Fort Mcmurray
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

My mother and I recently stayed at Loddington for a few days post-cruise and found it to be a wonderful choice of guest house. Robert was an informative and attentive host, offering good advice on where to go, what to see and where to eat. He cooked a great English breakfast too. He kept a clean house and the beds were very comfortable. Adding to the charm was the creaky old floors - to be expected in a house over 100 years old. Given the guest house is located at the base of the cliffs facing the roadway, a reminder to future guests with rooms facing the sea: Dover is a busy port so truck traffic is constant. If you're a light sleeper, ear plugs may be a good idea. We highly recommend Loddington to anyone looking for a great stay in Dover.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank carolsprky
Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2011

Would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. We stayed one night on our way to Germany and were so impressed we immediately booked to stay on our return journey.

Absolutely nothing adverse to say about this lovely hotel and the very friendly owner Rob.....

Will definitely stay there whenever we are in the area.........

Best Regards...........Sue and David (Poole)

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sueandavid
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2011

The location is amazing, but I had a nightmare I couldn't sleep, as I found bedbugs in the pillows and sheets in room 4. I got bitten, I had to get rid of my clothes and buy new once in Dover before I went back to London, because I was afraid to transfer the nasty insects to my home. I hope I'm cleared now.
I advise the owner to get bedbug’s pest control ASAP before renting out the room.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MKlondon-11
accommodater, Owner at Loddington House, responded to this review, 18 May 2011
Client left hotel very early in the morning, left me note about bugs. I emailed her and left message on her mobile phone. wanted description of what she saw.. no response was or has been forthcoming. The room had been let out continually before, with no other comments, regarding bugs. we contacted relevant company immediately. Awaiting outcome, forensic checks will be carried out on Friday. Room in question has not been let out since. No guests who have stayed in any of our other rooms, have commented about bedbugs. Bed bugs, can be brought in on peoples cases etc.. Sadly prevalent in many establishments in our country now; was eradicated for many years in the UK, open boarders are part of the problem.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2011

Really warm welcome from Paul, nice room overlooking the sea and good to have separate living room upstairs which is unusual in a B and B, beds very comfortable, breakfast good although portions offered could have been more generous, well located for Dover town centre, port and historic sites. Recommended - would stay here again if in the Dover area.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple