Open today: Closed

from US$90.70
from US$56.80
from US$101.10
5,379 results
All reviews underground hospital great tower medieval tunnels operation dynamo english heritage naafi restaurant secret tunnels henry ii second world war dunkirk evacuation during wwii land train cold war medieval times tunnel tour white cliffs well worth the visit
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

This was my first time visting Dover castle I was truely taken back by the whole experience.There is so much to see and not enough hours in the day to see it. All in all its a must see to anyone visting Dover.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

In my opinion this Castle is the best castle in the United Kingdom there's so much to do, so much to see, and never enough hours in the day to see it all. it's an amazing place and is a must visit for anybody who visits Dover.

1  Thank Neil T
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Visited here for the second time today as last time we came we couldn’t fit everything in! There’s so many varied things to do, for all ages and interests. The kids loved going underground into the wartime tunnels and hospital today.

The situation of the castle is lovely, overlooking the channel with the ferries coming and going to and from France adds lots of interest, made even better by the sun shining today.

It’s expensive to get in for one visit so I’d seriously think about becoming English Heritage members to enable lots of visits to English Heritage properties across the country.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Had a great day at the Medieval day at Dover on a very rainy Good Friday. There were a few events called off because of the weather, but we managed to see the minstrels in the castle, playing songs, and a battle scene outside. Also tried my hand at the archery, the instructors were very nice to the children that were trying out (and the big kids like me) :)
Did the Underground Hospital tour, guide was brilliant, very informative, made it very interesting think her name was Kristen?
Didn't do Operation Dynamo this time, as we had done previously and we have membership so will be coming back again soon.
Food was really good, bit pricey, but kind of expected at this kind of attraction. Good choice, I had roast gammon with Yorkshires.
Overall great day out, will come back when its sunny!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Came here on Easter Sunday with my wife and 3 children (10, 7, 4). This will have been our 3rd visit in a year.

We came back as we have English Heritage membership and because they had various activities and performances on. It was a great day with rein acted battles and stalls where people dressed up in medieval costumes and explained really well about life in those time.

If you are a first time visitor it would be better to go on a normal day as there is so much else to do there too (wartime tunnels, hospital etc).

Recommended for anyone!