“Delicious early dinner ”

Tulip Authentic Turkish Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 391 Restaurants in Canterbury
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We decided to have an early dinner and chose the Tulip. As we were unable to decide which main course to have we chose the set meal for two. Both the starter and the main course was a delightful and delicious mix of the menu and more than enough for two. As the meal with large glass of wine and soft drink cost less then £35 it was also excellent value.

2  Thank SoniaEastYorks

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We dropped in quite early on a Friday evening and the place was already busy. We had a combo for two with a cold plate (with flat bread, including extra when we asked for it) followed by a delicious selection of meat arranged on rice and couscous. The shish kofte was especially good.

I had a bottle of Efes beer.

The service was attentive and swift, but not exactly “with a smile”.

Tall people - mind how you go!

2  Thank MrOrganist
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It reminded me of Istanbul. They have a very nice lunch menu with the choice of one starter and one main. My husband and I chose different starters and then shared. His was hummus with warm lamb which was delicious. I chose fried prawns and they were fresh and hot. My main course was a lamb stew, which reminded me of a dish I had when we were in Istanbul. My husband had chicken shiskabob and the pieces of chicken were huge. I had so much food I couldn’t quite finish.

2  Thank txtfa001
Reviewed 5 October 2018

We came across this Turkish restaurant whilst heading for another Turkish restaurant in town. Encouraged by the great value lunch menu (starter and main £8.99) and our grumbling stomachs, we headed inside to a warm welcome. The lunch menu had a good variety of both starter and main courses. I chose the halloumi and Turkish sausages for starter whilst my husband chose falafel on hummus (boring I thought, but wait!). The falafel was unlike any other falafel I'd tasted. Fresh, clean flavours and all tasted home made. The halloumi and Turkish sausages didn't disappoint either, both were glorious and accompanied by delicious flatbread. For main course we both ordered lamb. The Lamb Beyti for me and the Lamb Shish for himself. The Lamb Shish was cooked to perfection, succulent and tender. The Lamb Beyti was so tasty and perfectly spiced, both were accompanied with two types of salad, rice and couscous in tomato sauce. I've been to a few Turkish restaurants, including Istanbul, and have never had a more satisfying, varied and delicious meal. PLUS complimentary Turkish tea to finish, what's not to like. Great service and great food. Would highly recommend. Just one negative, the music. Would rather hear some authentic Turkish music than 70's/80's pop but now I'm just being picky.

1  Thank Renee747
Reviewed 28 September 2018

We came early on a Friday night.
Food excellent,we had a two course platter for two,and lots of food all cooked fresh.
Staff were very friendly and we were offered a complementary tea at the end.

2  Thank binky337