“Gem of a discovery!”
Review of Don Juan

Don Juan
Ranked #71 of 391 Restaurants in Canterbury
Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

Passing through the cute little park on my way to East rail station, I was intrigued by the sight and sound of a bijou cafe coming up in the gathering twilight of a pleasant October evening.
I hadn't known it existed but by the time I left for my train I'd enjoyed a very decent coffee and a chunk of home made apple cake, met the owners (lively and likeable guys) and had my mood lightened further by the vibrant, infectious music that makes South Americans want to party.
The savoury menu looks really interesting and next time I'm down on business I'll be making my way back to sample it. The place has a genuine (almost unique) feel to it and I'd say to anyone who likes life - make time to visit, it's well worth it.

3  Thank TeamHockliffe

Reviewed 8 August 2016

I visit Don Juan several times a week for coffee and croissant.At other times I have eaten excellent exciting dishes especially the Spanish omelette made by Luigi.
Well worth a visit you must try all the different items on offer.

4  Thank 897christina
Reviewed 6 August 2016

Great food, all cooked fresh while you wait. Interesting choices and quite different from any of the other restaurants I've eaten in in Canterbury. The guys who run it are great; friendly, energetic and enterprising. A really lovely al fresco eating experience, and great coffee too. Take the time to stop by because the park is lovely too and it makes a nice and different break from the usual city lunch experience.

3  Thank memsahibphil
Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

Stopped by chance on the way through the park. Feeling peckish, so ordered the Suarez, and WOW! That's the best sandwich I've ever eaten! Lovely friendly staff too. Highly recommend!

3  Thank Marie S
Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

I can't comment on the food, sorry. We stopped on a warm summer Saturday for a coffee and the excellent home made mint lemonade. We commented on the splashback - made, we were told, from recycled Uruguayan and Argentine corned beef cases... Very friendly service, and some deck-chairs in a nice shady place in the park... A perfect place to relax before the drive home.

3  Thank petermbenglish