“A hidden gem”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Authentic regional Italian restaurant
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had the best experience at Il Posticino.
I'd had my eye on the place for a year and it didn't let down my expectations.
The food was extremely high quality and had divine flavours and not too pricey!
I had the risotto with butternut squash and amaretto a beautiful combination.
The food is traditional but with a twist.
The portions look small, but left us satisfied and not stuffed.
The restaurant is clean and has a beautiful room. A hidden gem, my new favourite place to eat in Canterbury.

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

Stunningly authentic Italian cuisine;

Great food and service;

Everything I hoped for and more;

Will definitely come back.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

A lovely lunch was had here by my wife and I. It was tasty and nicely cooked and at a good price. We will be sure to return.

Reviewed 28 September 2018

We loved the atmosphere, the place is stripped down and simple without being austere, the food was perfectly executed - I had the cured sea bass which had an explosion of fresh taste in every mouthful. He had steak tagliata, incredibly tender and delicious. The desserts were divine. It’s worth noting that the restaurant is upstairs.
We only had one night in Canterbury otherwise we would have gone straight back. Can’t recommend it highly enough

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Where to start? Out in Canterbury today and fancied an Italian lunch, found this place on TripAdvisor and thought we'd give it a try. It's hard to imagine you are in Tuscany on a wet Sunday in England and it's almost impossible to decorate a Canterbury building in a Mediterranean theme without being kitch, so I'm glad they haven't tried. We weren't really up for a blow out lunch but the starters sounded sublime so we went for it. We are a couple that like to share so we both got to try each other's dishes. And everything that was put in front of us was eagerly consumed with much mmming and oooing. Pasta that was cooked and seasoned to perfection. Clearly finest ingredients used throughout. All beautifully presented and presented with panache. Perfect levels of service from a cheerful waitress. Attentive without being intrusive. We even stayed for desserts and coffee and they too were a sheer delight. 3 courses, wine and coffee, £33 a head. We will be back, and soon!