“A vegan delight”

Price range: US$5 - US$28
Cuisines: Moroccan, Spanish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cafe Mauresque is an atmospheric Andalucian/North African Oasis located in the heart of the historic City of Canterbury. A restaurant for food lovers!
Reviewed 8 January 2017

I've been vegetarian for many years but only recently become vegan and it's with great joy I'm able to report that eating out doesn't have to be just chips and salad! I was impressed that the Café Mauresque has an extensive vegan menu which includes non-dairy ice cream and so I deliberated over my choices much longer than is normally the case. I loved the Moroccan ambience created by the décor and music and will certainly be making a return visit. Our waitress was helpful and attentive and prices were reasonable.

2  Thank AnnaTripp
Write a ReviewReviews (1,504)

Reviewed 6 January 2017

Great ambience in a Moroccan style restaurant. Seating is low but adequately spaced to allow privacy. Very busy and vibrant atmosphere. Food choice much reduced from previous visit and food not nearly so good. Very slow service and starters were completely forgotten? Disappointing as it used to be superb.

2  Thank hilsh98
Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

I also visited Cafe Mauresque on New Years Eve
But I had a wonderful time. Food was really tasty and a great jolly atmosphere. The staff really friendly. What a nice way to greet the new year.
I would go back tomorrow if I could.

Reviewed 30 December 2016

Absolutely can not recommend this place highly enough , food is fantastic and very reasonably priced, and the service is great. The desserts are yummy . Had a lovely evening again at this great little find.
Cant wait to go back again.

Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

My partner and I, together with another couple, visited Cafe Mauresque last night. What a wonderful find... Good service, excellent hot tasty food and intimate cosy surroundings. A very Moorish experience, well done to your team Cafe Mauresque, we'll be back soon.