Recently stayed at CCL for a weekend. Location was great, very special to be staying within the grounds of the cathedral. However the accom is very much a conference lodging (ie very generic), to be fair the accom website doesn't hide this it was just that from the TA reviews I was expecting somthing more unique. The room we had on the first night was very small and the bed tiny (I'm 5.9 and my feet hung well over the end). The receptionist dealt with my complaint well and moved us to another room that had joined twin beds (which I fitted on!). Wifi also either didn't work in the rooms or was very slow.
Overall friendly, clean accom but nothing special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within the grounds of the magnificent Canterbury Cathedral you’ll find the perfect retreat. The best located accommodation in the City - rooms are in a private courtyard and provide stunning views of Canterbury Cathedral, which guests also enjoy free entry to. You will receive a dedicated, friendly service in a setting that’s peaceful, secure and relaxing. It’s the ideal base to explore Canterbury’s picturesque, cobbled streets and visit the City’s excellent eateries and shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Canterbury Cathedral Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canterbury Cathedral Hotel Canterbury
- Canterbury Cathedral Lodge Kent