All reviewstown centretwin bedded roomrogerensuiteengland
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Just experienced the most aggressive, offensive interaction with the manager of Four Seasons B&B, Canterbury. After a confusion over our phone booking, the manager refused to give us the room we had booked when we arrived, despite there being plenty available (a truly bad sign on a busy Bank Holiday weekend) and despite his staff being happy to accommodate us.

Refusing to rent an available room to us because of an initial phone confusion is odd. Shouting for us to leave is unacceptable. He was clearly not in control of his bookings. The place was chaotic, with linen strewn everywhere. I've never experienced anything like this!

The good ratings this place has accumulated appear to be from a previous owner / manager. I would strongly advise people to stay away from this place.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CyclingAdventurer
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Angry, aggressive manager. I asked to cancel because work wanted me to come in. Manager screamed at me and called me a liar. I offered to let him speak to my boss. He screamed more. Absolute nutcase. He went so crazy I wondered if he'd been abused as a child or something. I've never been treated like that by anyone. Still in shock. Don't go near this place.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sarah B
Reviewed 29 July 2017

We
booked one night here because of its location and the good reviews
posted.
Sadly when we arrived the room we booked was not available for some
reason. We were offered a room with no en-suite which we refused and
were ready to move on.
We settled for a twin bedded room as it was only one night which was
clean and tidy.
Breakfast was a little chaotic , with things like spoons, bowls ect.
missing. It was here that we told by another guest that the business had
been sold the previous week.
It does seem on reflection that the manager had been thrown in at the
deep end with little or no experience.
If you have booked expecting to find Roger there to greet you, SORRY
hes gone.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank HampshirePlanthunter
Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

Looking for b&b and came across this one
Glad to have stayed here, the attention to all the little things that you need when you stay over, like an iron, full size shampoos in fact the only you need is your toothbrush
It appears a bit dated but don't let that fool you. Beds very comfortable,we stayed at the back and it was very quiet
Breakfast. Usual orange juice, cereal,all types of cooked breakfast including the obligatory full English, not limited to one pot of tea.
All sorts of local and tourist information and more if you ask Barbara
Will definitely use again

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nigel C
Reviewed 1 August 2016

We liked this place. The room was medium sized with all facilities needed. The breakfast in the morning was tasty and had everything we needed for a days walk on the NDW. But what made the B&B special was the host, Roger. He was friendly and told us about restaurants and walks nearby and manages the B&B with a smile and good humour. Thanks to him, this modest place lights up!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family