All reviews front of the house york lodge city centre four poster bed overlooking the garden full english place to stay us feel at home located within walking distance superior double room b bs hearty breakfast guest house three nights less than a minute walk nice shower room was spotless
Reviewed 9 May 2018

I wish I could actually give a six star rating for this place. My family stayed there for two nights and it was one of the highlights of our entire trip. Vicky, the owner, was so helpful and went out of her way to make everything just right for us. She embodies the best of British hospitality. Her breakfast was outstanding. The rooms were comfortable, updated and clean. The location is close enough to the city center for a convenient stroll, yet far enough away for a quiet, good night's rest. There is simply no way I would stay anywhere else in Canterbury after our visit here.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Vicky O, Owner at Yorke Lodge Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Tim thank you so much for such a glowing review! It was indeed a pleasure to have you and your family stay. I hope the rest of your UK trip was a success.

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for one night as we wanted to visit Canterbury. We were early arriving as we had driven from South Wales and wanted to get a head start on the traffic. Even though we were so early, we were still shown to one of the rooms that was available. The room was more than adequate for our needs and spotless. It did get very warm in the room as we were on the top floor on one of the hottest days of the year so we did have to sleep with the window open. As the hotel is on a main road, it was rather noisy.

The location of the hotel is ideal for visiting Canterbury as you are only a short walk from the town centre.

We had a very pleasant stay.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. However it is disappointing you were too hot. We do have air conditioning units which go into the rooms during the summer months, I hadn't appreciated it had got that hot for you and for that I must apologise.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Best B&B I ever stayed in. The hotel manager vicky is so friendly and does such a good job at taking care of the place. This place is beautiful and is in a very good location. My aunt was looking for a place in Canterbury and she found the Yorke Lodge...... THANK GOD SHE SAW THIS PLACE!!!!! Its like a hotel. The other employees are wonderful and I definitely advise you to stay here and nowhere else. I 100000% think you will have the best stay ever.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Thank you very much, it was lovely to have you stay with us. Hopefully your best two aunts will bring you to stay again!

Reviewed 23 April 2018

We had such a wonderful stay at The Yorke Lodge, I travelled with my sister and 12 year old niece Zara, and had such a good time we stayed an extra night ! The proprietor Vicky was warm, funny and informative. We had some hilarious conversations with her during our stay, and she is absolutely lovely. The staff we encountered were helpful and polite as well. Our double superior room was spacious, beautiful and spotlessly clean, with a good sized en suite bathroom. A generous in room tray, and lovely comfy beds, with high quality bedding. The room was so comfy and relaxing I had a hard time getting my companions to leave the room early! Good WiFi too. The entire property is spotlessly clean, with lovely decor and attention to detail. The breakfast room is light and airy with a cosy lounge next to it should you want to relax outside of your room. Great English breakfast, (we had the veggie option) as well as other choices. Very convenient location, just a 10 minute walk from the town centre and Canterbury West station. Good base if you want to explore the rest of Kent. Vicky very kindly kept our luggage for us so we could enjoy our last day, as we had an evening train back. The Yorke lodge is more like a boutique hotel than a B n B, and more than deserves it's five star rating, I would highly recommend staying here. We will most definitely be coming back !

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank BRehmani

Thank you Bisma .... looking forward to seeing you all again soon!

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed for a weekend away with my partner. Would highly recommend Yorke Lodge, in particular due to the:

- Warm welcome and very friendly staff throughout (felt like coming home!)
- Quality, hearty breakfast with plenty of vegetarian options
- Good size room which was clean and well appointed
- Great location, 10 - 15 minute walk from town. Also well placed for other bus routes to other desinations (recommend Whitstable).

Would certainly stay again if we go back to Canterbury.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Vicky O, Owner at Yorke Lodge Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Thank you James for such a lovely review. It was so nice to meet you both.