Castle House Hotel(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
US$204
US$213
YHA Canterbury(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
US$101
  • Bar/Lounge
The White House(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
US$142
  • Breakfast included
The Kings Head(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
US$92
  • Breakfast included
Canterbury City Centre Premier Inn(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
US$123
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Best Western Abbots Barton Hotel(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
US$162
Cancelon
All reviewscity centretravel lodgecar parkthe ground floorexcellent locationlimited parkingbudget hotelgood nights sleepcomfortable bedfamily roomgood sizeroom was largeold buildingstayed here for one nightwould stay againfew minutes walkshort stay
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Okay for a night. Arrived 8pmish couldn't park. Left the car at the train station which meant I had to return to it at midnight to get a valid ticket for the next day.
I did mention that I couldn't park to the receptionist but she didn't offer any advice about where to park instead.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 18 April 2018

This is perfect hotel with it being right in the centre of Canterbury. Easy five minute walk to centre. All the staff were very pleasant and helpful throughout. Room was clean, bed comfy and although on ground floor we could open the window (had short safety cord). The shower was hot immediately and soap/towels were fine. We were lucky to be in a very quiet part of the hotel for our two nights stay but we were in the tiniest room we have ever stayed in. No point in using the one chair as then we couldn't move. We were too tired after a long drive to ask to be moved - which we certainly should have done as our companions had a great sized room - don't accept Number 12, unless you like living in a box. Parked ok and were given a permit, which was very useful. We didn't use the car as I doubt we would have found a space during the evening. Hotel is tired and in need of some tlc, but we can't say enough how kind the staff were.

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank TILLYFARLAR
Reviewed 10 April 2018

My partner, teenaged son and I stayed in quite a large room over the weekend. We had lots of space and my son had a choice of two beds. The staff were very friendly, the room clean and comfortable, breakfast was very tasty. The hotel has limited parking which we were able to get into the morning after our arrival when some ppl checked out and then we had a free pass for the weekend issued by the hotel. Otherwise the pay and display just along the road is a bit pricey, though I believe the hotel could do a pass for that also... Town is 5 minutes or so away, as is the university where we were attending the History Weekend lectures.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank AndPoochMakes5
Reviewed 9 April 2018

My Wife, Daughter and 2 small well-behaved, clean Cavalier King Charles spaniel dogs stayed at the Chaucer Central for 2 nights over Easter.

The room prices were good considering the excellent city centre location, but the £40 charge for 2 dogs was excessive and even the Manager and his team agreed, but they have to follow head office rules. Needless to say the cleaning staff were happy with the state of our room when we checked out and they loved meeting our dogs too! A real shame because most Travelodge hotels are dog friendly, but all have to charge £20 per dog. Following our stay in Canterbury we went to Cardiff and did consider Travelodge, but because the £40 charge was almost the same price as the double room we looked elsewhere and paid only £15!

At the moment Travelodge are not Vegan friendly, unlike other chains such as Premier Inns. Some of the food on the all you can eat buffet was suitable for my Vegan Daughter (e.g. Linda McCartney sausages, cooked had to be cooked to order, mushrooms, Heinz baked beans, hash browns & tomatoes), and some of the cereals and toast are also, but there is normally no dairy free milk and spread available. Luckily the friendly and helpful staff offered to go to the local supermarket and buy these 2 items for our stay. These were not only used by my Daughter, but also my Wife and I, who use these at home, even though we are not Vegan.

Car park spaces at the hotel are limited and currently you need to get a pass from reception and display this in your car, but this is going to be replaced by a camera system soon. If all the spaces are taken the Chaucer have secured a deal with the council so that you can park a short walk from the hotel on the pay and display car park at a special rate of £6 for 24 hours. We were lucky and even when we returned one night at 10 pm we got the very last space!

The rooms are what you expect from Travelodge, which for the price are a good standard, reasonable size and comfortable. My Daughter was unhappy that there are no hairdryers in the rooms, but I found out later that you have to request these from reception.

Canterbury is a great City and the Chaucer Central is recommended if you are not travelling with dogs, unless of course you are happy with the rates they charge.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank caroline0199sky
Reviewed 9 April 2018

This is a great hotel to stay in when visiting Canterbury town centre. It is just a couple of minutes walk to the main High Street. The hotel was spotless and the room was clean, comfortable and great value for money.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple