“Great vegan options!”

Kitch
Ranked #28 of 391 Restaurants in Canterbury
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Welcome to KITCH, we are open everyday for breakfast, brunch, lunch, tea, coffee and homemade cakes all day long! We make everything ourselves right here using fresh, local wherever possible, quality ingredients to make delicious food free from processed sugars, flours or nasty chemicals.We have something for everyone from vegan and dairy free options to locally smoked fish & local free range meat. We look forward to welcoming you to KITCH!
Reviewed 13 July 2016

I first became interested in Kitch because it is one of the few (but increasing) places in canterbury that offers a vast number if vegan options that are both healthy and original. I've now been coming here for about 2 years and I love it! The full veggie breakfast can be made vegan and the sweet potato falafel is delicious. They also have superfood salads that change daily and are always vegan. Oh and the vegan pancakes! I don't know anywhere in canterbury that caters for meat eaters that also has such a large range of vegan food. The coffee is the best in town in my opinion and goes great with the vegan cakes they do too! As for the service I've always found it welcoming and friendly. It is definitely on my list of staple food places to go to in canterbury.

1  Thank slc5566

Reviewed 12 July 2016

I've been going Kitch for almost 2 years. I think the food is great; consistently tasty (if not a bit overpriced) but some of the staff are so rude it's unbelievable. Last time I was in there 2 customers who had gone to the till to pay were hissed at and sent back to their table because "it's easier for us than having you stand at the till." Granted space in there is tight but if they are so wound up about people being in the way service needs to be much better. I waited 15 minutes before my order was taken at my last visit. The guy that works there is so aloof and disinterested it's like he's wandered in off the street and ended up working there by accident. The owner doesn't seem to like people very much either (which is unfortunate when you own a cafe that is open to the public). Like I say, the food is great. There's not much out there like it in Canterbury so if you like healthy food it's worth trying it out, just brace yourself!

3  Thank Incie212
Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

From the outside, this place looks lovely. However, unfortunately the service was just not what you would expect especially for the price you are paying! Once seated, we waited about 10-15 minutes to be given menus. The waiter had a terrible attitude and almost felt like he was looking down on us (maybe we didn't match the 'vibe' of the place). Extremely patronising and not at all welcoming.
As for the food, that wasn't great either. I ordered avocado toast with salmon and egg, however when it arrived there were no eggs in sight.

Overall I think this place has the potential to be great. However, because of the service I will not be returning. Have never felt so uncomfortable and unwanted. Prices are far too high (almost £2 for some hot water and lemon ?) and the food isn't great.

3  Thank NaomiC654
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Came across this walking past and saw that they were advertising healthy lunches . Managed to get a table outside in the sunshine and were told it was table service . Waitress was chatty and helpful and quick with order. Menu is perfect for those of you who prefer to eat as healthy as possible when out and about. We had the brunch menu & decided on avocado on sour dough bread with bacon and poached egg & scrambled egg with kale & sundried tomato on sour dough . Both items came quickly and were tasty too. We both felt better for having a healthy lunch. I suppose for what it was the prices were quite high but bearing in mind it is situated on the high street you would expect this. Would definitely lunch here again

2  Thank Zoe B
Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

The staff were charming and the food looked great, and amazing smoothies here! I love veggie food! But...the delicious *looking* food we were served was extremely bland apart from the humous. Humous plus undressed salad served with undressed white quinoa - it just doesn't work on any level. I have had the veggie breakfast here and it was great, but this 'grazing dish' of salad and humous needs some serious attention/fruit/dressing/different dimension to make it in any way interesting. (Photo attached)

4  Thank Kimbrini