“A CHEAP AND CHEERFUL CHINESE RESTAURANT”
Review of Golden Kitchen

Golden Kitchen
Ranked #227 of 392 Restaurants in Canterbury
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 October 2018

During a recent visit to Canterbury, I thought that I would try this little restaurant near Westgate. Decor is fairly basic and the prices reflected this. The staff were polite enough and my meal, mixed meats in black bean sauce, was fine and there was plenty of it. For less than £10 including a drink, I have no complaints. Some other reviewers here seem to have been less lucky.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Stumbled across this little Chinese restaurant as we walked around Canterbury. Service was quick and efficient. I was impressed how quickly the dishes came out after ordering. Enjoyed the salt and pepper tofu and the chilli lamb.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Mystery meat was present within a VEGETARIAN dish and when challenged, the staff were rude and unhelpful, insinuating that we were lying and requesting photos to be sent as proof, to which we obliged.

Following this, a phone call was had were the staff attitude was repulsive. Would definitely avoid due to staff not even knowing what is in their food! Absolutely disgraceful!!!!

Currently waiting for a refund but feel as though this may be fruitless.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Ordered a delivery for myself and my partner who is vegan, she wanted sweet and sour tofu and plain rice noodles. What arrived was chicken noodles which wasn't apparent until we plated the food up and started to eat. Upon questioning the lady on the phone proceeded to accuse me of lying and that it wasnt possible for chicken to be in the noodles. I asked for a refund to which I was asked to send pictures to the lady's phone. Clearly showing the chicken, the almost instant reply stated we were lying and that it was actually EGG. A long telephone conversation where I was repeatedly called a liar then ensued, with an appalling attitude from the lady on the phone who wouldn't even let me speak as she rambled on. When asking for a refund I was told no and that it was my fault. Eventually the money was refunded for the so called "plain rice noodles" even though both meals were ruined during the 45 minutes it took to get 4 quid back! Never ever again. Reported to food standards.
See attached the pictures of the chicken.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Usually good, can’t fault chow mein and crispy beef.. but I draw the line at borderline raw/undercooked sweet and sour chicken.. really poor and grossed out

1  Thank D8305QFliamm