“Elevensis ”

Cuisines: Belgian, Deli, Cafe, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

Popped in for hot drink and a slice of cake I selected the signature hot chocolate which came topped with cream . I also had a slice of carrot cake which was a fairly small slice but was very nice
My partner had a chocolate tea which she really enjoyed
Nice place with a good selection of cakes

Reviewed 18 February 2018

This is honestly one of mine and my partner's favourite places to come. Whenever we're in Canterbury we make a point of coming here, purely because we love it so much! There's always seating available when we arrive. Whoever makes our drinks is honestly AMAZING, the whole idea of making a hot drink from melted chocolate is fabulous. My partner always has the Signature Hot Chocolate, and whoever makes it for him, makes it in such a heavenly way (I always snaffle a bit). I have a different drink every time I'm here, so I'm making my way through the drinks menu. Off the top of my head, I've had a small hot chocolate, a mint milkshake, a hazelnut milkshake, a classic hot chocolate, and most recently, the Creme Caramel Rooibos tea, which was SOOOO GOOOD, I'd love to buy some. Can't believe I haven't already reviewed this place, it's fantastic.

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Always full, including on this visit a group earnestly discussing natural birth (seriously embarrassed young dad in the corner).
Previous visits have been good, but this time there were issues. Food arrived at different times, including a burnt chocolate muffin. When returned, there as no apology, and the others in the batch were also burned. In the end I went for the vegan blueberry muffin. Avoid this. Only the wrapper stopped this green and sandy mess falling apart, and it tasted vile.
Not great!

ChocCafe, General Manager at Eleto Chocolate Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Thank you taking the time to write us a review. We value all feedback, negative or positive. We will be talking to our baker directly, our sincere apologies for this!

Reviewed 30 December 2017

I came here on a recommendation by a university friend. I loved the smores crepe and the classic hot chocolate. Service was excellent, with a pleasant server who served my order quickly within minutes. Great price as well. Definitely will come here again when I visit Canterbury.

ChocCafe, General Manager at Eleto Chocolate Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Thank you so much for the glowing review! We love to hear from our customers, and are so glad you enjoyed everything! Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

I visited the chocolate cafe after walking past the restaurant lots and liking the look of the decor etc but I was so disappointed! I ordered a crepe and asked for a little bit of whipped cream as an extra. My boyfriends waffle arrived and I waited about 5 minutes for the crepe as the staff giggled about something behind the till. When my crepe was brought over the waitress was laughing and she said to me, “there’s too much cream on it is that okay?” The crepe was swimming in cream I could not see anything else. I complained about the amount and was told “you can pay at the till when you’re finished” the staff then continued to laugh at the front desk and make me feel uncomfortable and awkward so much that we paid and just left. Inefficient and rude staff! Would not recommend! A new dessert restaurant (Creams) has opened over the road. Little bit more mainstream but at least you know there are certain expectations and standards from the staff and food they serve!

3  Thank Elisha K