All reviewsthe cottagesindoor poolroom overlooking the gardencity centrebar mealsroom was largeself cateringminute walkcharming hotelnice gardenample parkingcooked breakfasttwo nightsbusy roadleave the carcricket groundlovely old building
Reviewed 16 December 2015

This hotel was ideal for our short trip - just a 10-minute walk from Canterbury city centre. Entrance hall boasts a welcoming fire, the receptionist was friendly and very helpful, and the room was large and overlooked an attractive garden. Large cooked breakfast (the bacon was especially tasty) and a limited choice of meals in the bar (but also good quality). And the swimming pool was probably the best of any hotel we've stayed in - not just bath size! (Also boasts a Jacuzzi.) Can't find anything negative to say.

Room Tip: Ask for one at the back. Although it's set back from the road, the road is very busy.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2015

We stayed in the family room at the Ebury at the end of November and had a lovely one night stay. The hotel is very pretty from the outside and the rooms were equally as impressive. They were very well equipped, clean and spacious, and a delicious cooked breakfast was served in the morning, along with fresh pastries, tea/coffee and juices. The hotel is ideally located and is just a short walk into town. I would also like to thank the staff at the hotel for posting my coat back to me that I left at the hotel. The lady kindly wrapped up my coat and took it to the Post Office - this saved me a 3 hour trip Canterbury to collect my coat!! :) I would definitely recommend this hotel, and will definitely book to stay at the Ebury when we next visit Canterbury!

Thank you again.

Katie x

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank KatieWalkerUK
Reviewed 11 November 2015

Nice clean and spacious rooms right here. Nice service, very good breakfasts too. The showers could have been a little hotter and stronger but i am actually quibbling. I will go here again without any hesitation

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank ActonDude
Reviewed 10 November 2015

We stayed at this hotel last weekend for two nights to visit Canterbury. It is a lovely traditional English hotel, staff were welcoming, free parking and 10-15 minute walk into Canterbury are all excellent features. Breakfast was very good on both days. The indoor heated swimming pool is a great plus after sightseeing. The only reason why I would not give a full excellent rating is that some parts the hotel could do with a bit of updating (not to lose its traditional character which is lovely, but the room and pool area could do with a bit of renovation). Otherwise I would certainly recommend it and the location is great for exploring Canterbury.

Stayed: November 2015
Reviewed 6 November 2015

On arrival this residence looks grand. Entrance is inviting. Staff very friendly and helpful. We were directed to our room 2nd floor...luggage (lots due to C2C walkers) ...no lift! Staff carried our luggage. Room and bathroom very comfortable, very clean, lovely bath, Internet good and a decent size TV. Breakfast is served in a very large beautifully furnished room overlooking the garden at the back. Breakfasts were lovely and well presented. This is a tad expensive to stay here, but I would stay again for the comfort. Downside? No lift.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple