“An Excellent B&B in the Heart of St Albans”

Wren Lodge Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Albans
Wren Lodge Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 15 St Albans B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 May 2017

This was the perfect place for me; I was travelling by myself and needed a place to stay in the St Albans area for a few days. Host Gill was really great; the hospitality was first rate and Gill and I had several interesting conversations over the breakfast table.

Room Tip: Make sure you book early
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 12 February 2017

We stayed here on the recommendation of friends who had stayed here for our wedding 20 years ago when we lived in St Albans....and it didnt disappoint! Fabulous place to stay, run by a wonderful lady, who was very acommodating and made our stay really great. The house is fabulous, and breakfast was gorgeous! Home made bread, juices, cereals, fresh fruit....lovely. We will definately stay here again, a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 December 2016

A very warm welcome and a good size room and nice bathroom, clean and comfortable.
A special mention of the lovely breakfasts with all could want, home baked bread and cooked breakfasts to order.
We shall certainly stay here again when we next visit St Albans.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2016

This was my first experience in a Bed & Breakfast so I didn't quite know what to expect but almost immediately the warmth and hospitality displayed by Gil seconds upon meeting her, I knew this would be my home away from home even for a short time.

Gil almost becomes your mother during your stay here and she truly makes the effort in getting to know more about you and she herself shared stories of her own as well as providing me with helpful tips about visiting the UK.

Wren Lodge is warm, welcoming, beautifully decorated and comfortable. I stayed in the single room which had plenty of storage space, a writing desk, TV and a sink/basin. It's cleaned on a daily basis by the house keeper.

Don't expect your typical full English breakfast here. I was glad to see that the breakfast offered was much lighter and healthier and included cereals, fruit salad, eggs cooked however you like and toast (she makes the bread herself!).

This is also ideally located. Only minutes away from the St. Albans City train station as well as a range of shops. The town centre is only about 10 minutes walk away.

While I was only there for a week I could not have asked for a better B&B experience and this has definitely set the bar very high. Gil is the heart and soul of this place and is something she's clearly passionate about and if you want a "traditional" B&B experience this is probably the best place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 November 2015

This was the first time we had visited St. Albans, and we found the town very pretty. Even prettier was this little Bed & Breakfast run by a lovely lady, Gill, it's just around the corner from the station, and we got a warm welcome into a lovely room with a monster bed with cosy soft furnishings. The room was en-suite with a modern bathroom, and Gill had provided tea and coffee-making facilities. You get personal service at breakfast, where there is plenty of choice and freshly ground coffee!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple