Sopwell House(St Albans)
US$228
US$152
Official Site
US$66
The White Hart Hotel(St Albans)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$81
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$125/night.

Ardmore House(St Albans)
US$141
US$130
Hotels.com
Clarion Collection Hotel St. Albans(St Albans)(Great Value!)
US$85
Priceline
Fleuchary House No. 29(St Albans)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$94
US$86
PremierInn.com
178 London Road(St Albans)(Great Value!)
US$85
TripAdvisor
US$203
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 February 2017

We stayed here on the recommendation of friends who had stayed here for our wedding 20 years ago when we lived in St Albans....and it didnt disappoint! Fabulous place to stay, run by a wonderful lady, who was very acommodating and made our stay really great. The house is fabulous, and breakfast was gorgeous! Home made bread, juices, cereals, fresh fruit....lovely. We will definately stay here again, a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 December 2016

A very warm welcome and a good size room and nice bathroom, clean and comfortable.
A special mention of the lovely breakfasts with all could want, home baked bread and cooked breakfasts to order.
We shall certainly stay here again when we next visit St Albans.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2016

This was my first experience in a Bed & Breakfast so I didn't quite know what to expect but almost immediately the warmth and hospitality displayed by Gil seconds upon meeting her, I knew this would be my home away from home even for a short time.

Gil almost becomes your mother during your stay here and she truly makes the effort in getting to know more about you and she herself shared stories of her own as well as providing me with helpful tips about visiting the UK.

Wren Lodge is warm, welcoming, beautifully decorated and comfortable. I stayed in the single room which had plenty of storage space, a writing desk, TV and a sink/basin. It's cleaned on a daily basis by the house keeper.

Don't expect your typical full English breakfast here. I was glad to see that the breakfast offered was much lighter and healthier and included cereals, fruit salad, eggs cooked however you like and toast (she makes the bread herself!).

This is also ideally located. Only minutes away from the St. Albans City train station as well as a range of shops. The town centre is only about 10 minutes walk away.

While I was only there for a week I could not have asked for a better B&B experience and this has definitely set the bar very high. Gil is the heart and soul of this place and is something she's clearly passionate about and if you want a "traditional" B&B experience this is probably the best place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 November 2015

This was the first time we had visited St. Albans, and we found the town very pretty. Even prettier was this little Bed & Breakfast run by a lovely lady, Gill, it's just around the corner from the station, and we got a warm welcome into a lovely room with a monster bed with cosy soft furnishings. The room was en-suite with a modern bathroom, and Gill had provided tea and coffee-making facilities. You get personal service at breakfast, where there is plenty of choice and freshly ground coffee!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2015 via mobile

I stayed for 15 days in Wren Lodge and it was fantastic!
Gil attended myself as a member of her family. She ordered to me gluten free and daily free products in order to satisfied my food intolerances.
The room which had en-suit bathroom was lovely and clean.
The location of Wren Lodge is perfect too. The train station is less than 5 minutes by foot and the city center is arround 15 minutes.
Finally, I only can say, if I would go back to St Albans I know where I want to stay.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo