“Warm and Comfortable”

Wren Lodge Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Albans
Wren Lodge Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 15 St Albans B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 November 2015

This was the first time we had visited St. Albans, and we found the town very pretty. Even prettier was this little Bed & Breakfast run by a lovely lady, Gill, it's just around the corner from the station, and we got a warm welcome into a lovely room with a monster bed with cosy soft furnishings. The room was en-suite with a modern bathroom, and Gill had provided tea and coffee-making facilities. You get personal service at breakfast, where there is plenty of choice and freshly ground coffee!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 October 2015 via mobile

I stayed for 15 days in Wren Lodge and it was fantastic!
Gil attended myself as a member of her family. She ordered to me gluten free and daily free products in order to satisfied my food intolerances.
The room which had en-suit bathroom was lovely and clean.
The location of Wren Lodge is perfect too. The train station is less than 5 minutes by foot and the city center is arround 15 minutes.
Finally, I only can say, if I would go back to St Albans I know where I want to stay.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 October 2015 via mobile

This visit is probably our seventh in 2 years, & as always, Gill & Wren Lodge are our first & only choice when staying in St Albans. Nothing is too much trouble, the rooms are clean & comfortable & the decor beautiful, Edwardian elegance. Breakfast is plentiful, fresh fruit, juices,cereals, freshly made bread & eggs served however you like, all really nicely done. We always leave here feeling relaxed & refreshed, & it's always a joy to return. Try it you won't be disappointed.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2015

My Wife and I stayed here a few weeks ago, we must say it was a lovely stay. The welcome we received was second to none. Gill is a lovely host and makes you feel very welcome and at home.

The rooms are large, clean and very decent. The bed was comfortable and it was quiet spot. The bathroom was excellent, modern and exactly what we needed. Breakfast was good, eggs cooked anyway you like, home made bread, cereals and fresh fruit. Nice!

The location was fantastic, about a 5 minute walk to the train station which takes you right into London.

We would both highly recommend it, especially at the price of 78 pounds a night. A bargain for travel into London.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2015

Stayed from 19 March to 17 June 2015. Met some really wonderful people. 2 China ladies are still there and will be going home in about 10 days. A German professor who is now in the US and will return in September must count as my friend during this period. The rooms are are clean. Tina is a great worker and Gill and her son Jeremy are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is a great time and the location is just fantastic.Buses and train are near and walks to city centre is just 10 minutes. I definitely enjoy my stay and can confirm the high ratings given by home from home.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family