See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 November 2010

I travel a lot for work so its always lovely to end up in St Albans at my little London home.
I ve stayed here quite a few times now over the last few years and there are lots of reasons I keep coming back.
Dorothea is a wonderful hostess and nothing ever seems to be too much trouble for her from downloading driving instructions from the internet to finding time to talk about the amazing collection of ornaments the house is full of..
The beds are comforatble ; the bathrooms clean and breakfast is free!
What more could you ask for at such a reasonable price?
Well - its conveniently located and near to public transport and St Albans has a wonderful Market Day twice a week so you can buy some wonderful cheese or bread or pastries and head off to one of the fabulous parks situated nearby for a picnic
Fern Cottage is certainly the spot I will continue to head for when I come to London..

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank kiwigal62
Reviewed 4 November 2010

Wonderfully charming bed and breakfast, bright, clean and comfortable room. My partner opted for the cooked breakfast and I had continental both of which were of excellent quality. I wish more places gave you the option to pay less and not have cooked breakfast, since I rarely want one but feel I'm somehow losing out if I don't so I think this scheme works very well. The host was very helpful and informative. Great location too. All in all a thoroughly enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JacquiAdams
Reviewed 31 October 2010

A beautiful little b&b - rooms were all they were described as - lovely! Shame about breakfast - you apparently can't have a full English unless you book (the breakfast) in advance (but this is tricky if you are not told about it) for an extra £1 (who wouldn't)? Or was it because our host got confused about the hour change and forgot to turn up?

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank cathie92
Reviewed 5 December 2009

We stayed here for one night as we were attending a function locally. Our family booked up all three rooms - two doubles and a twin; all en-suite.

Pros
En-suite accommodation
Good Value
Less than 20 mins walk to town
Off street parking for 3 cars - very handy as St Albans isn't the easiest town to park in!

Cons
Didn't get the full English breakfast that we thought we were going to get - however good continental choice
Shower not very powerful

Overall, a nice B&B for a short stay.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family