Fern Cottage
Ardmore House(St Albans)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$113
Sopwell House(St Albans)
US$305
US$219
Official Site
US$108
US$82
Clarion Collection Hotel St. Albans(St Albans)(Great Value!)
US$96
Priceline
US$70
US$93
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn St Albans City Centre Hotel(St Albans)(Great Value!)
US$91
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 December 2012

Excellent Bed and breakfast. Very friendly and welcoming owner. Nice comfortable, clean rooms with ensuite bathrooms. Good continental breakfast with plenty of choice. I will stay again in the future.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Wavey_Dave_12
Reviewed 5 December 2012

We were in St Albans for my daughters birthday, she gave us a short list to choose from and we booked into Fern Cottage. It looked good on the outside and even better on the inside. Dorothea made us welcome and showed us to our room, not large, the rooms are a similar size to mine at home. Great location, only a short walk into the city centre, just head for the cathedral.
We were in a London hotel on the Friday night, we really relaxed at Fern Cottage. The bed was comfortable and the continental breakfast was just right.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DenisWm
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Love staying at Fern Cottage, this is our third time of staying a week or more. Continental breakfast is great, rooms are comfortable, 10 minute walk to railway station. But most of all, Dorothea will help one out with any needs or requests. And finally Basil (the dog) makes the day.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Keith C
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Okay, you should not expect ballrooms. What you find are small rooms in a lovely cottage where everything seems to be done and arranged with love. We had a very nice room, a very good bed and a really good breakfast, even though it was the continental. This is a clever alternative to expensive London Hotels. I am quite sure we will come back again to enjoy the hospitality, St. Albans and the short distance to Central London. Lovely!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Markus M
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Used to live in St.Albans but had no idea where to stay. So glad I chose Fern Cottage. Considering my inability to check in when I agreed, Dorothea made me feel so welcome. The room was spacious, lovely and had everything I could've wanted. The bed was comfy and I slept like a log. Breakfast was excellent. Glad I opted for the continental version. There was so much to chose from. I think I've found the perfect place to stay to visit family. Thank you so much.

• Stayed: September 2012