US$130
Oasis Lodges(Ledbury)
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewshigh streetfish cakescreaking floorboardslovely hotelteddy bear on the bedjacuzzi and steam roomsmall gymlight lunchhistoric hotelolde worldeservice with a smilewhite buildingswimming poolold buildingold world charmcoaching innexcellent quality
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

One of the best meals I have ever tasted. Definitely worth trying. Took some close friends to lunch today. Lovely Log fire and relaxing atmosphere along with some excellent food. Wide choice of main courses. Puddings were adventurous . I had cherry chocolate pots with kirsch and cherry ice cream , flavours popping all around your mouth. Waiters very polite and efficient. Well worth it.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jane H
Reviewed 4 January 2018

What an enjoyable experience our two nights stay including new year celebrations. The staff were very helpful and gave the visit a family friendly atmosphere. We had two evening dinners included in The stay and both were of high quality and off a very good menu. The building is Tudor and the interior has the right atmosphere but some of the floors are a little noisy , especially the bedroom. I can recommend it very highly. The town of Ledbury is also quite interesting .

Room Tip: First floor easiest access
Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Don B
Reviewed 1 January 2018

We have been visiting The Feathers for several years. We have just returned from our Twixmas break and everything was at its usual high standard.The staff were friendly and welcoming. The service in the restaurant was excellent and the food at dinner and breakfast delicious. It was lovely to see Bertie the cat relaxing in his usual place in front of the log fire listening in on the conversations! Looking forward to next Twixmas and hopefully squeezing in a visit or two before!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Valerie K
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

After all the manic dashing of Christmas a lunch at the Feathers was a great treat. 8 in the party and the menu offered something for everyone. We elected starters, from muscles to soup and salmon. All delightful and good portions.
The main course choices were good old fish and chips, burgers and fish cakes. Have to say they were all very good and everyone commented on how good the food was.
So the 8 of us with starters and mains, a bottle of white and several bottles of sparkling water finished off with coffees around came in at £244 so about £30 ahead.
Service very good given that the Fuggles brassiere was pretty full with about 60:70 covers.
So well done team Feathers loved the experience and we will be back.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Nenners56
FeathersHotelLedbury, General Manager at The Feathers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2017

Dear Nenners,

Thank you very much for your kind review.

The Feathers can be very busy around Christmas time but it is always a lot of fun. We are glad you enjoyed your experience and look forward to welcoming you all back some time soon.

All my best

Edward Elliston

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

My partner went to the feathers a few weeks back and couldn’t fault the place so I decided to take him for dinner at the end of December. Before we had starters we had to pay for bread which wasn’t the case before. The bread was a few slices of white baguette, I asked for some brown bread but it would have take some time to cook so I didn’t bother. If I’m paying for bread, there should at least be a choice. And decent bread! I had the cured salmon to start which was fine but had no taste. My partner had deep fried macaroni which had not cheese and was loaded with potato. I couldn’t fault the main we both had guinea fowl although nothing special. The house merlot wine wasn’t very nice and didn’t finish my drink. Limited desserts, 3 types of Christmas pudding and then trifle or panacotta. The panacotta was very bitter and had more of a posset texture. I don’t think I would return. The waitress was lovely but what looked to be the bar manage she was rude and miserable.

It was reasonably priced but I think the customer should decide whether to give a tip and it not be automatically put on the bill!

I think I’ll stick the the Verzon!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sbtn0206

Dear "Sbtn0206"

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your evening.

Although we have changed ownership, as of last week, not a lot has changed. We started charging for bread back in September, for example.

The Salmon and Macaroni starters have been served throughout December and have proved very popular. The Salmon is cured with fennel and gin and I believe has lots of flavour. There is no potato in the macaroni dish.

Our house Merlot is from Chile and has been a popular part of our wide ranging wine list for some time, I am sorry it was not to your taste.

We always offer at least seven different puddings so I am a little confused by the idea of three Christmas puddings this simply is not true. The panacotta is caramel flavoured and far from bitter.

We have suggested a 10% service charge for around 10 years now but as it states on your menu and bill it is completely at your discretion. This way of taking tips like this makes it much easier for us to share them with all the staff to include those behind the scenes.

The good news is that I completely agree with your final point. The Verzon is a lovely Hotel and serves a cracking G & T.

All my best