“A good independent coffee house”
Review of Tandem Bakery

Tandem Bakery
Ranked #2 of 3 Dessert in Hereford
Price range: US$7 - US$13
Description: We are Tandem Bakery. We are all about fantastic coffee and delicious home-made food. And cake, of course. Don't forget the cake.
Reviewed 24 August 2017

I always prefer an independent tea/coffee shop to the endless chains that seem to flood our streets. We only had tea and coffee and a piece of cake between us – why share? If you see the size of the portions that had been cut and you would know why! The quality of everything was excellent, the staff friendly and attentive. The lunches looked particularly good – especially the quiches and salads and perhaps another day lunch may beckon.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Nice place for lunch, coffee cakes. Big selection dairy free milk alternatives for drinks.
Super salads, very imaginative. Friendly , willing staff.
One big downside that I have to mention unfortunately is the cleanliness of the the crockery, which is rather off putting.The tea pots need a good scrub and the cups are usually stained, the milk pots can be grimy too.
Such a shame as the rest is good.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

My mum and I decided to go for a piece of cake and a coffee and she chose this cafe as she's been before. On entrance we were greeted but when I asked what the cakes were none of the staff were 100% sure and had to ask each other!!!! One was described as "a limey one"! No idea of the allergens in any of the cakes. Also none of the cakes were covered with cake domes or anything. Our coffees came separately and not together. However, the cakes and coffee were delicious.

MrsTandem, Owner at Tandem Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Dear halekate2017,

I'm sorry you felt the need to join Trip Advisor just to give us a "very average" review, particularly when, in your own words, the cakes and coffee were "delicious".

I appreciate that the staff may have seemed uncertain about what some of the cake offerings were and I'm sorry about this, we pride ourselves on good customer service and communication is a big part of that. We try to bake something different almost every day so there is a lot of change to the cake display however we will ensure that each staff member knows the cakes on offer.

However I must correct you on your insinuation that they had "no idea of the allergens in any of the cakes" - this is just not true. We place huge importance on knowing the allergens in each and every item that we serve and take this very seriously so that our customers can rely on us for accurate information. That is why staff members will often check with the chef who cooked an item, just in case there is any new allergen information for a product. We consider this to be the most diligent and safe way to deal the issue of allergens. Please do not throw around false allegations about my staff.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

I can't praise this restaurant highly enough. Whenever I'm in the Widemarsh Street area (for example, after shopping in Holland & Barrett or M&S) I make straight for Tandem. Delicious coffee, with a choice ofdairy free options. friendly staff, family friendly, nutritious hot meals and salads, delicious cakes (including gluten free) and breakfast menu including a big bowl of porridge, takeaway service. I've introduced quite a few friends, including complementary therapists who demand healthy food. On the downside, limited space downstairs, tables form an obstacle course, sometimes quite noisy!

Many thanks for your lovely review! We really appreciate our loyal customers and hope to see you again soon.

Best wishes,

Mrs Tandem

Reviewed 13 August 2017

We stopped off in Hereford from a long journey,called in here for a light lunch and found it ideal. There was plenty of choice. We had very good fresh home-made quiche, salad and an excellent pot of tea. The list of ice creams seemed mouth-watering, if only we had been hungry enough.