Castle House
  • Restaurant
Merton Hotel(Hereford)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
The Priory Hotel(Stretton Sugwas)
  • Pool
All reviewsjunior suitedecanter of sherryafternoon teabowl of fruitwilliam and maryquiet streettasting menuthe main hotelsconeslovely hotelprivate gardenhuge bedlounge areano air conditioningbeautiful cathedralsingle roomsunday lunch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 February 2018

This is an older hotel with some nice features, very stylish and well maintained. My room was excellent, very clean, very comfortable and of a good size (Deluxe double) The room was very well equipped with everything you would expect to find.
Good breakfast, attentive staff.
Car park was full on arrival but the hotel will give you a couple of hours on a parking bay to cover the breakfast period.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2018

This hotel is just a short walk along the road to the Cathedral and lanes of the old city. It also looks out onto the gardens / park down to the river. Look out for the lunch time special offers. They also provide extra parking time in the 30 minute bays outside. The staff are helpful and very friendly.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

Took my partner and adult children here for a birthday meal. The food and service was fantastic. Second to none.
I would thoroughly recommend Castle House to anyone.
The food is beautifully cooked and presented

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 January 2018

We were given after noon tea for Christmas so off we toddled last Wednesday it was great nice sandwiches lovely cake and delicious scones with jam and cream a choice of tea some I have never heard of I just settled for breakfast tea all in all me and wifey had a wonderful time

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2018

My husband and I stayed at the Castle House Hotel whilst visiting relatives in Hereford over the Christmas period.
We arrived tired and exhausted after a long journey to be greeted by a very efficient and friendly member of staff .We were then taken to our junior suite on the second floor. The room was perfect. Tastefully decorated and including thoughtful extras. My favourite being the complimentary decanter of sherry, which went down very well! Lovely large comfy bed ensured we had a good night's sleep. Breakfast the next morning was in a lovely light room overlooking the garden. We started at the buffet with cereals and fruit, then my husband had a large cooked breakfast, which he very much enjoyed..I had the porridge topped with whiskey! It was delicious. The hotel is a few minutes walk to the Cathedral in a lovely quiet spot. We parked our car in the hotel car park which was just across the road. We really enjoyed our one night stay at the Castle House and wish we could have stayed longer. This will definitely be our first choice to stay when we next visit Hereford.

Room Tip: Room 2 overlooking garden on second floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple